roll bars

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fs93543

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Coupe
Do anyone know of a company that manufactures rollbars for the 71 mustang hardtop, or does one need to have one custom made?

I build roll bars/cages. I do a 2" hoop with 2 bars down to the back for $300, with .095" wall tubing. You can see some of my other work at www.ontherockscustoms.com or email for pics of the 73 mustang roll bar I just completed.

[email protected]

with the new 521 coming soon, i'm going to have to have that roll bar install if i want to continue running my car at the track.

This is a whole cage but, it says it is for 71-73 Mustang. www.jegs.com/p/Jegster/Jegster-Ford-Roll-Cage-Kits/749661/10002/-1?S=t&No=12&Ne=1+2+3+13+1147708+3&Ntt=749661&Ntk=Parent&Ntx=mode%20matchall&N=1143207&Ns=P_Auxdesc1%7C0&Nty=0

It seems like most kits are close at best. Alston and Competition Engineering kits are good. Just remember the rollbar needs to be tied into the car as a package to be effective. Please do not just weld the thing to some plates on the floor. There is a video on the web showing a road race Mustang turning turtle and the roll bar ends with plates rip through the floor and are visible at least 10 - 12 inches below floor level. Do not scrimp on safety equipment!!!

I'm resurrecting an old thread to see current information on roll bars. I decided that i need one.

The first link still lists a 67-73 8 point roll bar for unknown cost.

The second link is dead. I contacted the author who no longer owns a 123 admits he would need access to my car to make one. Out of state.

The third link, Jegs, still shows a ten and twelve point cages for what seem like great prices. I don't want a whole cage. 123 specific.

Does anyone have anything to offer?

A note about roll bars/cages on the street. Bars can be the cause significant injury to occupants of a street car. Many installation place bars close enough to the occupant's heads to impact them during a street accident. Typically to properly use the benefits of a cage a few other things are required: a helmet, lowered seats to give extra room between the bars and your head, a five (or more) point seat belt system to minimize the motion of the occupant's upper torso, proper roll bar padding (it is much stiffer than the pipe insulation that may people use). My wife has a caged car that we do street drive without helmets, not the smartest thing to do but we do it knowing what can go wrong and it does have lowered seats with racing harnesses.

Back