sdstang's 73 vert project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it, told my wife I eventually want a convertible too, and a Mach one... I would like to get all the SD guys together sometime to hang out and BS. I am in Rancho Bernardo near Mike.
Hey Nik, I will be at "cruisin grand "tomorrow around 5pm. I'm sure Jim would come out if he is free.
Sure I'd make it.
Sorry I didn't make it out last Friday, had a long day and felt a little under the weather, but the very next time we can all get together I will be there no matter what, the mustang on the other hand is under the weather for a while...

Work continues: I am re-stripping my engine bay down again. I kept having painting mishaps and ended up with too much paint on it. I'm just going to use SPI black epoxy primer(eggshell sheen) and leave it that way. None of this Eastwood chassis black stuff. The primer looks absolutely great and I should have listing to Barry over at SPI and left it that way. mach71351c and jeff8877 can vouch for how nice this stuff is. It's goes on way better then paint and is hard as heck.

Updates:

1. Had steering box rebuilt with quick ratio high effort valve.

2. Had third member rebuilt with Currie limited slip and motive performance 3.5 gears to go along with new Tom's axles,

3. Detailed a ton of bolts, and brake/fuel lines and treated all with Rust Prevention Magic(RPM). I hope this stuff works.

Assembles rear brakes, front spindles, suspension components and ready for install this weekend along powder coated rearend.

steering box redone.jpg

third member.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DAMN, THAT LOOKS NICE!!!!

Engine and trany all done and ready to go in next weekend. Trany is a 4r70w by Silverfox transmissions. I had the case powder coated so it cleans up real easy.
Looking Good! Did you have to modify the tunnel to make the 4R70W fit? Chuck

Engine and trany all done and ready to go in next weekend. Trany is a 4r70w by Silverfox transmissions. I had the case powder coated so it cleans up real easy.
Looking Good! Did you have to modify the tunnel to make the 4R70W fit? Chuck
I haven't put the trany in yet but several people have installed them without fitment issues.

Also rebuild heater and blower box. New heater core, new foam, all hardware reconditioned and tested, AC evap. pressure tested and flushed.

before_airbox.jpg

after airbox.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back