sdstang's 73 vert project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inspiring thread. Thanks for posting the progress!

Got the engine and trans in today with Mike and Jeff.

Thanks for all the help guys!

First pick is with engine/trans coming out last year.

Jims car 002.jpg

jims car 009.jpg

jims car 012.jpg

20141122_124934.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good, Jim! Getting closer to that cruise up the Pacific Coast Highway!!!

Great job! I love the red.

Decided to save some money and start stripping the car down. What a pain!! I have three paint jobs to remove. The nice thing is when I take it to body/paint there won't be any hiding work under the paint that could drastically change the bill.

Other updates include:

1. Refinished the dash, ducting and wire harnesses. Fit all the aftermarket dash/inst bezels. The dash look brand new with the exception of one clean Lighter bezel and she's perfect.

2. Refinished the steering col.

3. Finishing up 4r70w trans lines. Using FMX with some modifications.

STRIP1 (2).jpg

STRIP2.jpg

Make sure you fit every piece of trim, sheet-metal, bumpers, grille etc ..check how everything fits BEFORE it's painted including the convertible top frame..

Make sure you fit every piece of trim, sheet-metal, bumpers, grille etc ..check how everything fits BEFORE it's painted including the convertible top frame..
Scott,

Will do. I was gonna have have then do a complete pre-assemble, mark, then, dis-assemble and paint.

Back