seat recover have a few questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, finally found a few hours to get something done. My drivers seat turned out great compared to the passenger. I decided to abandon using the hogrings to hook to the frames. Instead, I used .051 stainless safety wire and my beloved safety wire pliers. I was able to pull everything nice and tight and adjust along the way to manage the wrinkles. Looks like I found out what the problem on seat one was. I was missing frame pieces on the inside of the seat. I have a third seat top so I will be stealing the pieces I know where not in my original seat. It is very time consuming to cover seats. I did buy a welder so I could fix the cracks. Always good to buy new tools. May never use the welder again but atleast I have one.

20140809_163336.jpg

20140809_163306.jpg

20140809_173841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I do because I need some practice for sure. May use the trashed seat base to tune up my skills. I haven't welded since the 90's.

Just curious, should I take the springs off before I pitch the frame? Would someone actually need springs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any have any thoughts on rear seat recovering. Are they easier than the fronts? I would think they are easier.

Back