sell whole or part out

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason441

Reaction score
My Car
73 MACH1 Q code
Blue Glow Metallic and Argent
I have to part with my Mustang project car after 20 years. Its currently in pieces. New floorboards, new suspension, brake lines, fuel lines, tons of parts I've collected over the years. I even have two fold down rear seats and all the metal for one set to convert a non-fold down to a fold down rear seat.

It has the typical rust at the rear quarters below the marker lights and I have the patch panels for that. A good body man could have this together in a matter of weeks, but for me to pay someone would put me way upside down in the car. I just dont have the money.

I would love to sell it complete but I'm just not sure what to reasonably ask. If I part with it I want to get as much out of it as possible. I know I wont get back what I have in it. I'm just ready to face reality and move on.

I appreciate your input guys!

Please post pictures of the car and what you have as it will help you sell it more quickly

What year? What is the first five numbers/letters in the VIN? Post some pics.
Don..Your banned from buying anymore cars so just forget about it ::tease::

Vin # 3F05Q221771

I'm a little under the weather today, but I will post some pics tomorrow .

As far as I know has the original drivetrain although I played heck trying to find the original Hurst shifter! Spent a lot of time at swap meets...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey since

Don in AL is banned

Don in OH sent you a PM

I'm sorry to hear you hve to sell.

What you get out of parts may be better than what you get for the whole car but it would be a shame not to see it continue as a project.

The choice IS yours and you know your situation. Best wishes!

Yes, definitely worth continuing on with the restoration. If I were looking for yet another car I would seriously look at yours. Nice color too.

Btw, I think most of us would be upside down in these cars if we pay someone to restore them for us. I think you should keep it and maybe just hire out the big stuff. I hate to see one go that's been with someone for so long.

Don65Stang-good point. Really torn on letting it go.
I always like to feel a certain peace in making decisions. If you feel torn then my take is that you are not ready to sell...unless you need the money to cover something very important like we can't eat or pay the mortgage unless we sell the car. Just my thoughts.

Don65Stang-good point. Really torn on letting it go.
I always like to feel a certain peace in making decisions. If you feel torn then my take is that you are not ready to sell...unless you need the money to cover something very important like we can't eat or pay the mortgage unless we sell the car. Just my thoughts.
X2

Its not a matter of needing the money, 'course , who couldn't use a little extra! It just needs a home that will bring it back and enjoy it! I just don't have the extra funds to do so.

I tried wiring the engine directly to a battery( ground to block, dist + to battery +, and distributor - to coil -, I took the wire from the starter and hit the + on the battery and got nuthin'.... I'm going to research more on this.

I put the Petronix kit in the distributor. Don't know if that was the issue, or if I have to have the clutch engaged( just to get the motor to turn over ,without firing)

It was totally rebuilt Many Moons ago, and ran long enough to break in the cam. Hasnt been started since. Although I spun the oil pump about once a month to keep thing's oiled.

AHH!! the old "Can I really do this syndrome" I have no doubt after my surguries I've slowed my pace a bit. But where you have it now believe it or not YOUR IN THE SHORT ROWS!! All that work should be enjoyed by you. Post up the issues and we'll see you through.

Latest posts

Back