• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shipper needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterlife

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
I figured to ask here if anyone knows a transporter  to bring a car from Alabama  to NJ. I already have it on uship

Text me 347-770-4983

Alex

I figured to ask here if anyone knows a transporter  to bring a car from Alabama  to NJ. I already have it on uship

Text me 347-770-4983

Alex
Whoever you use require that pictures be made before loading and check the vehicle before you unload it. When I shipped my 73 vert from California to NC I paid extra for it to be top load in case it rained or bad weather also to keep oil from dropping for other cars. Well it came and was on bottom row. The rear bumper was rubbing on the frame of the truck also and had marred the rubber strip. I had taken picture before unloading. I signed the papers and unloaded and then the D&*% driver would not do anything about the damage. He said as soon as I signed the papers he was clear. Never got any money back for not being on top either. I have just gone and got the last two in Michigan.

Seems like nobody does what they say just take your money and run.

All these haulers are from the same mold. I bought my truck, a Diesel, and had it hauled from the Midwest. It had dual fuel tanks and both were drained to below E when I got it. I was afraid i wouldn't make it to a station before sucking it dry.

I called the seller and he said that he made sure there was a 1/4 tank of fuel in each tank before shipping. But he did notice that the haulers truck was a Diesel and we figured that he just siphoned the fuel out.  

I also found a damaged used battery and other junk in the bed, that wasn't there when the seller saw it last.

I think that there are "Classic Car Haulers" that are probably worth the money for a valuable ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shipped my Mustang from LA to Detroit with Reliable Carriers in an enclosed hauler and stored inside until I picked it up. No worries about it getting damaged. Great company and who I'd chose if ever I bought another Mustang of similar quality. If it were a "rust bucket", I'd probably save some cash and ship it on an open trailer.

Geoff.

I once had a nightmare situation with transport of a gorgeous 429CJ 71 Bright red/red 4spd car from California to AL. The car was absolutely zero rust, flawless body. It took a week to get the car. It showed up at my subdivision at 11PM with me having to get up early the next morning for work. It was ice cold outside, February, something like 20 degrees and high winds. The driver was Chinese and didn't speak English. I took a flashlight to look under the car before it was taken off the truck, To my disgust, the lower frame rails had 3" rips on both sides forward to the drain holes, and the chain hooks were ripping into them. The idiot who loaded the car had tied the car with chains to the small drain holes in the lower rear frame rails. I surmised from his broken English that as he was driving from California the car kept coming loose so he kept tightening the chains, thereby ripping the frame rails. Those holes were never intended for that purpose. It was an open carrier as I had never before had a problem with such. I yelled at the driver and took pictures, but as I had gone through a broker, there were so many people in the loop that I ended up having to drop the issue and "live" with it. I "JB welded over the rips and redrilled the drain holes. No real signs of the repair. Sold the car later to a guy in NC for WAY too cheap, and the car went through auction in CA for twice what I got for it!

Back