Show us your valve covers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 72 had black crinkle paint covers that were looking tired.  

I searched the web and found a Australian eBay seller: restocountry and the listing was for:

Ford V8 351 Cleveland Rocker Cover +Gaskets POWER BY FORD XW XY XA +XB XC XD XE

They were listed as new and not very cheap, but I figured I'd take a chance.  Not sure if the still make them down there or they are NOS, but they look great.

It took two weeks and I got them yesterday.  They need the rubber insert for the breather that I found from Scott Drake.

I was given these when I bought another car. They were new I shined them up a little. Have since taken the long T-bolts out an put regular bolts in. I did keep the originals and painted them but could never find the correct sticker for my 351 California, H code Cleveland. They all seem to be incorrect like a lot of the parts are.

Need a different air cleaner to clear the MSD cap and wires or alter a stock one to clear.

No offence to the guys who like the non-stock look, but imo, you can't beat the way it was created, STOCK!

Note that the PVC tube has now been re-routed around the carb for a more stock look with the Holley 670.

2139acb5ed5da5937588aacc2f0b6b6c.jpg

Just repainted my stock VC’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I did not see my old Mickey Thompson M/T valve covers in this thread I'll include it here... unfortunately they are dirty and unpolished. I'll add picture with both of them in place tonight

Alex
8233bb15b27bb757805596205a8dfe8d.jpg
4827e8862422af7d7d394e8990640778.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Food for thought.

I worked for a company that made beer kegs and chemical containers. Containers that stored vaccines and medicines had to be polished inside. Hard to do from a little hole in top. They were done through a chemical polishing and almost look like chrome. Can aluminum valve covers be polished chemically? I do not know would save some hours if you could. BTW kegs and containers were 304 SS.

Food for thought.

I worked for a company that made beer kegs and chemical containers. Containers that stored vaccines and medicines had to be polished inside. Hard to do from a little hole in top. They were done through a chemical polishing and almost look like chrome. Can aluminum valve covers be polished chemically? I do not know would save some hours if you could. BTW kegs and containers were 304 SS.
Electropolishing works well on stainless. From what I've read, is a bit tricky on cast aluminum parts. 

Oh, and some valve covers

Looking back at this thread I see that I never posted about the valves I decided to use. I went with the Ford Performance black stripped ones p/n M-6582-A341R. I love the look and by chance the match the look of the CDI box :D.

I hope this threads helps others in their decision about which valve cover to select. Good luck!

I had my original '71 429cj aluminum valve covers redone in a similar to factory look, but these are now a chrome type exterior so no aluminum polishing will be required... Expensive upgrade...

429cj engine rebuild startup.jpg

Back