Show us your valve covers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my cast aluminum Ford Racing ones.  I painted all the black, blue to match the rest of the car.  I also got tired of polishing so I had them clear powder coated.  Now they just need a quick wipe down.  No cleaning out polish in the grooves.

There are valve covers in this photo? I can't stop looking at the blower. SWEET.
I agree. This looks SO cool! Do you even have a hood?

Here are my cast aluminum Ford Racing ones.  I painted all the black, blue to match the rest of the car.  I also got tired of polishing so I had them clear powder coated.  Now they just need a quick wipe down.  No cleaning out polish in the grooves.

There are valve covers in this photo? I can't stop looking at the blower. SWEET.
I do have a hood.  I had to do a little work to it.

image storage server

Here is pic of mine been in same spot over 32 years. Maybe someday will get to do something with it. Then maybe not.

It has 32 options so they are all there. I guess the one that would make a difference was the block heater that I did not check to get, should have. Wire harness would be different for sure. All the hoses and belts are the factory installed ones. I have the original battery somewhere, lol. I am a hoarder. There I admitted it first step taken.

This is awesome! Any time you want to see how something came out of the factory, just have to go to your garage.

Original, unpolished, well-sealing covers on mine:

IMG_9010.JPG

Guys,

Here's  my Model A coupe with a 351 Cleveland and polished valve covers. These covers are aftermarket Ansen covers with the fins machined off the top, rounded corners and polished.  

Thanks, Jay

Guys,

Here's  my Model A coupe with a 351 Cleveland and polished valve covers. These covers are aftermarket Ansen covers with the fins machined off the top, rounded corners and polished.  

Thanks, Jay
Nice work cramming a Cleveland in the Model A.  I get tired of seeing 350 chevy's in the early fords.

I do have a hood.  I had to do a little work to it.

image storage server
73machi can I send you a PM on a couple of questions regarding your supercharger?  Planning one for my Cyclone project on a DOAE 4v I have sitting in the garage.

very happy with the rebuild.. was able to get about 50 miles on it before driving to ocean city md last week.. no smoke, or drips from the engine, and got 

20mpg. love that 3 core alum champion rad.. got hung up in some good traffic and only went half way on gage, started moving and it came right down.

Today I saw a Boss 351 and I really like how the valve covers look (I invited the gentleman to join!). I didn't take a picture, but the covers are like this one:

I see them being sold in ebay for $450+, http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FACTORY-FORD-BOSS-302-351C-ALUMINUM-FINNED-VALVE-COVERS-MUSTANG-MACH-1-/192195618090?hash=item2cbfc0652a:g:6vAAAOSwKytZJOLs&vxp=mtr

I have no intentions on paying that kind of money, but I wonder if anyone has seen aftermarket ones with a similar look.

Today I saw a Boss 351 and I really like how the valve covers look (I invited the gentleman to join!). I didn't take a picture, but the covers are like this one:

I see them being sold in ebay for $450+, http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FACTORY-FORD-BOSS-302-351C-ALUMINUM-FINNED-VALVE-COVERS-MUSTANG-MACH-1-/192195618090?hash=item2cbfc0652a:g:6vAAAOSwKytZJOLs&vxp=mtr

I have no intentions on paying that kind of money, but I wonder if anyone has seen aftermarket ones with a similar look.
f-6582-7.jpg

Ford Motorsports PN M-6582-A342R are the modern version.

NPD sells them for about $260

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/valve_cover_ford_motorsport_polished_aluminum-134675-1.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Ford Motorsports PN M-6582-A342R are the modern version.

NPD sells them for about $260

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/valve_cover_ford_motorsport_polished_aluminum-134675-1.html
Thanks. I think those look similar, except maybe more shiny.

They are more 'finished' than the OEM Boss covers, but a quick sand blasting session and a dull protective coating with something like Nyalic will cure that.

I have also seen guys dremel / grind down the Ford Racing logo and replace it with 351, Mustang and Cougar emblems.

I have a 71 M Code, but, it's had stock Boss 351 valve covers on it since I bought it. They are original, with the screw down wire holders. They still have the drippers installed. The Boss 351 sticker is long gone though. I'll try to throw up a pic later...

Back