• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Steel rims with hubcaps and beauty rings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the subject says, I'm looking for a usable set of steel rims with mustang (Ford Motor Company) hubcaps and beauty rings. I'm ok with a 14 inch set as well. Thanks!!
I have a set of Ford Factory Mustang 14" Steel Rims that I was told go on a 1967-1968, maybe 1969-1970 Mustang, just going on what I was told by the previous owner. You can see them on my facebook marketplace, just let me know

14 x7 steel rims in good condition are going for $250-$500. Makes you want to check the width of the spare tire in the trunk of your parts car(s). I use an 8" wire wheel in my bench grinder to clean up the bead area before painting when I find one of these treasures.

As the subject says, I'm looking for a usable set of steel rims with mustang (Ford Motor Company) hubcaps and beauty rings. I'm ok with a 14 inch set as well. Thanks!!
Where are you in MN? I have one (wheel) and in south dakota

I just got a car with a full set of 14" wheels with hubcaps and trim rings. There's a spare in the trunk. It could be the original rim, but you guys know more about these than I do. I'll probably end up buying some aftermarket wheels. Happy to get rid of this this as a set of 4 or 5 wheels, with 4 hubcaps and 4 rings.

I dont know if shipping from GA to you would be worth it or not. Shipping can be nuts.
1684004818016.png
1684004686530.png

1684004739561.png

I just got a car with a full set of 14" wheels with hubcaps and trim rings. There's a spare in the trunk. It could be the original rim, but you guys know more about these than I do. I'll probably end up buying some aftermarket wheels. Happy to get rid of this this as a set of 4 or 5 wheels, with 4 hubcaps and 4 rings.

I dont know if shipping from GA to you would be worth it or not. Shipping can be nuts.
View attachment 76698
View attachment 76696

View attachment 76697
Nice Mustang, where in Georgia are you located, Nice wheels, Hubcaps, Trim Rings

It's kinda sobering to see what those parts that get removed from cars, end up costing when someone wants to go back to stock. Kinda like the cars themselves, which were at one time, just a used car, and sold for a few hundred dollars. If you were to scour my posts over the years, you'll find that I have been touting saving any useable part removed from your car to make it more "your own", due to the latent value, and sometimes, scarcity later on. I've had my car for 33years now, and I've thought many times how cool it would look with aftermarket rims and big tires, and somehow, I've resisted. I still think my car would look hotter with American 5-spokes, or Cragars, or Mini-Lites, but just Google '71 Mach 1 Images, and out of hunderds of peoples rides, only like 2 or 3 are wearing the original dog dish caps with rings standard wheel package. That right there is why I guess I stayed stock and didn't upgrade to Magnums or aftermarket rims. Funny, in this case, "stock" is more unique today. And, can be more expensive.........

Speaking of the scarcity of original wheels and hubcaps, what always amazes me is the amount of original air cleaner assemblies I see on pics of these cars now. When I was a teenager this is one of the first things we chucked and replaced with a chrome Moroso etc. air cleaner. And when the musclecars were just used cars with poor fuel economy, the air cleaner assembly was probably a bit dirty and rusty by that point. First thing "normal" people typically asked me back then was how does this thing do on gas. ha

It's kinda sobering to see what those parts that get removed from cars, end up costing when someone wants to go back to stock. Kinda like the cars themselves, which were at one time, just a used car, and sold for a few hundred dollars. If you were to scour my posts over the years, you'll find that I have been touting saving any useable part removed from your car to make it more "your own", due to the latent value, and sometimes, scarcity later on. I've had my car for 33years now, and I've thought many times how cool it would look with aftermarket rims and big tires, and somehow, I've resisted. I still think my car would look hotter with American 5-spokes, or Cragars, or Mini-Lites, but just Google '71 Mach 1 Images, and out of hunderds of peoples rides, only like 2 or 3 are wearing the original dog dish caps with rings standard wheel package. That right there is why I guess I stayed stock and didn't upgrade to Magnums or aftermarket rims. Funny, in this case, "stock" is more unique today. And, can be more expensive.........
I know where there's 4 more dog dish hubcaps. Last year I was cleaning out my mom's storage shed. 95% of what was in it just went to the dump. It'd been sitting in that shed untouched for 15yr. I had the hubcaps that came on my 73 mach1 in there. They were fairly beat up. I didn't think they were anything special, so they went to the junk yard.

My passenger side stock exhaust manifold had developed a crack in it over the years, and needed replacing. I looked around on the internet, and found one, but the're not everywhere. It seemed a tad pricey, but you need what you need. I'm glad someone had saved one and had it for sale. Just think of all the cars with headers that threw away their manifolds! I am in the process ( taking forever ) of building a separate modified replacement engine for my Mach, and it will likely have headers, and, will have a bit of aftermarket components externally, but you can count on it that I'm saving every useable stock part that is being replaced. The engine I'm removing is the original to the car. I basically only need the engine's front bracketry, fan, and air cleaner to swap over. I may even aquire replacement stock alt/ ps/ ac bracketry just to keep my stock engine as a package, in storage. I've even purchased all-new factory external fasteners for the new build from AMK/ NPD, to keep the "as Ford would have done it" vibe.

Last edited:
I never understood why the "H" code Cleveland exhaust manifolds are often not kept for street applications. They appear to be substantially larger than 302 HiPo or 351W exhaust manifolds. I decided to keep mine when I converted to dual exhaust.

Back