Stereophiles?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the '60 Impala I bought came with a 409 3 duce and 4 speed however the odd but cool back then bonus was the stereo. For the life of me cant remember what brand or how to identify it. the "system" was complete car and home. the stereo and speakers in the car with a slide out unit that you took into your home and slid into the home stereo deck. One main unit, for both systems. was the coolest thing EVAH and I was a top dog back in the day.dancebanana

this is not it, but hopefully gives an idea of the concept

vintage8tracks_1000.jpg

images

best I can come up with ...never heard of it before or since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing better than running 2 mono-block amplifiers for separating the left and right channels. if you ever get the chance, listen to Pink Floyd's "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" on a system with 2 mono-block amplifiers and a good set of speakers placed in the right positions... Unbelievable sound stage.
Never heard it via monoblocks but it is one of my favorite songs of all times.... get goosebumps when i hear it..... other ones from Floyd are Thin Ice and Vera from The Wall. Cant describe the feeling.

1971 M-code Mach 1

Great songs for sure! Pink Floyd is probably my "desert island" group... If I was stranded on a desert island and could only have one band to listen to, it would be Pink Floyd.

My top ten... Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Dire Straits, Moody Blues, Yes, Alan Parsons Project, Fleetwood Mac, The a Eagles/Joe Walsh... I'd have to think about how to round out the top ten...

Maybe Styx... Journey... Rush... The Doors... The Guess Who...

I like the Rolling Stones and The Who, but I'd take the above before them.

We have similar taste in music. I definitely like Floyd, Dire Straits (Sultans of Swing is amazing), Fleetwood Mac, Walsh, Journey, Rush and bunch of Spanish rock bands that are not known here. Does anybody likes or have heard a Scotish band called Marillion. It has always been one of my favorites.

1971 M-code Mach 1

Great songs for sure! Pink Floyd is probably my "desert island" group... If I was stranded on a desert island and could only have one band to listen to, it would be Pink Floyd.

My top ten... Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Dire Straits, Moody Blues, Yes, Alan Parsons Project, Fleetwood Mac, The a Eagles/Joe Walsh... I'd have to think about how to round out the top ten...

Maybe Styx... Journey... Rush... The Doors... The Guess Who...

I like the Rolling Stones and The Who, but I'd take the above before them.
Looks like some of that ying-yang going on here. Add some Zeppelin to your bottom two (Doors & Guess Who) and you'd have my top three.

So, like I posted in the other thread, I have a Pioneer SX-828 running 4 large 1973 vintage advents in the family room:

0211152012_zpstf8keddg.jpg

In the shop, I have an Onkyo TX-8050 running two large 80's pioneers, and two large 90's pioneers, with a NAD cd player and sony tape deck if needed.

0213150658_zpsmqcjtpiy.jpg

0213150659a_zps7vloscaq.jpg

0213150659_zpshefl7j3n.jpg

0213150659b_zpsspjzjvzl.jpg

"the sides were like glass in the thick of a forest without a road", I was 13 and living with my uncle at Ft.Bragg back then. I thought it was REALLY cool.

Led Zep

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Allman Brothers

Pink Floyd

Marshall Tucker Band

The Doors

Mark Knopfler is my favorite guitarist. I love his style. Yes, Sultans of Swing is amazing, but I like so many of their more obscure stuff better, like: Brothers in Arms, Ride Across the River, Wild West End, Private Investigations, Telegraph Road, In the Gallery, Once Upon a Time in the West...

For a desk top radio the tiny Tivoli Model One is hard to beat. The sound quality is amazing for such a small radio and the reception is second to none, prefect for a office or a single room. I have a set of radio shack rabbit ears on it and can pick up several stations very clear, my expensive larger system can't even get. Highly recommended as a small desk top radio.

Jim

123.jpg

For a desk top radio the tiny Tivoli Model One is hard to beat. The sound quality is amazing for such a small radio and the reception is second to none, prefect for a office or a single room. I have a set of radio shack rabbit ears on it and can pick up several stations very clear, my expensive larger system can't even get. Highly recommended as a small desk top radio.

Jim
Oh, great... Now I have to have one, lol!

Jim
Oh, great... Now I have to have one, lol!
+1! :cool:

I just realized that there is an advantage to living where there aren't any stations I like to listen to. No need to spend money on a decent radio/receiver.:-/

Back