Synthetic Brake Fluid??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 429 cu. in. C6 Auto
2007 Mustang GT Convertible 2002 Lincoln Continental
2006 Toyota Corolla S Type
2006 Honda Goldwing
Well the new front suspension is all installed and getting ready to install the rear end. just have a little more rust proofing to do. My question is can we use a Synthetic Brake Fluid in these cars? I was going to go with the Valvoline DOT 3/4 Synthetic. Has anybody done this? Just dont want to use anything that would eat the rubber parts up!

I've used it in older cars with no problem. Nice thing about it is that it doesn't absorb water like regular brake fluid, so the master and slave cylinders last longer, not so much rust/pitting.

I've used it in older cars with no problem. Nice thing about it is that it doesn't absorb water like regular brake fluid, so the master and slave cylinders last longer, not so much rust/pitting.
Thanks Don! Thats exactly why I want to use it!! I've always switched my motorcycles to it, especially with hydraulic clutches. They tend to overheat when in traffic and if theirs condensation settled in the Slave cylinder you will lose you clutch when the water boils!

Yes the Valvoline syn brake fluid is really.great stuff, you can use it in any vehicle as long as you completely clean all the lines and parts prior. Also you will probably never reach that boiling point in your mustang with that fluid. Great stuff Valvoline makes really great product..but you pay for it.

Yes the Valvoline syn brake fluid is really.great stuff, you can use it in any vehicle as long as you completely clean all the lines and parts prior. Also you will probably never reach that boiling point in your mustang with that fluid. Great stuff Valvoline makes really great product..but you pay for it.
I just got back from AutoZone to get some stuff! For a Quart of the SYN was only 7.99 that aint too bad!

Where you at in VA I live in MD but work in Ashburn VA!

I just got back from AutoZone to get some stuff! For a Quart of the SYN was only 7.99 that aint too bad!

Where you at in VA I live in MD but work in Ashburn VA!
Great! A lot of members in VA. I live near about 15 minutes south of fredericksburg.

Just make sure to bleed it all the way through all the lines a few times that way you clean the old fluid out.

The synthetic is great, plus if you spill it on the paint, you can just wipe it right off without any worries of damage down the road.

Just make sure to bleed it all the way through all the lines a few times that way you clean the old fluid out.

The synthetic is great, plus if you spill it on the paint, you can just wipe it right off without any worries of damage down the road.
Yeah I'll give it a thorough flushing before doing the final bleeding! definetly all around better than the original fluid!

Back