Tight clearance on sway bar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, you would think the angle would mimic the arc of the LCA. On mine, on both sides, they are about double, if that’s a term that applies, of that swing arc. I‘m going to pull it once I have my electrical issues wrapped up or I hit a roadblock, like I need a part 😬.

Ok, I know what’s wrong:

C099A8A4-C37B-474B-AC0B-22FA4F12FF5C.jpeg

That‘s about 2” shorter that Sheriff’s measurement.

Now, I’m not likely to ever do anything other than pleasure driving, so stick with the stock 3/4” bar? I’m in SoCal and western AZ if someone has a stock one they’ve replaced and you need to reclaim the garage space. 😁

Thanks again to you for the help, I don’t think I would have ever thought an installed sway bar was not the stock one. Maybe it came off a Pinto? Steve

Ok, I know what’s wrong:

View attachment 71745

That‘s about 2” shorter that Sheriff’s measurement.

Now, I’m not likely to ever do anything other than pleasure driving, so stick with the stock 3/4” bar? I’m in SoCal and western AZ if someone has a stock one they’ve replaced and you need to reclaim the garage space. 😁

Thanks again to you for the help, I don’t think I would have ever thought an installed sway bar was not the stock one. Maybe it came off a Pinto? Steve
Yeah well that look like you found the problem. Also when I measured my original, it has a diameter of 7/8", well actually .850" and being off a Mach 1, it will be "competition suspension" so it might be thicker than what would be on a Grande'. The width though, ought to be the same I would think.

Ok, when you have the right sway bar, this is what it looks like, before wrong, probably some 64 Falcon sway bar, to correct, stock 73 sway bar:

2C5E2DDB-A1C5-4B19-AA23-4DC208F6CEE4.jpeg
05FC935C-2075-4B66-AEDD-B5495DD24DB3.jpeg

Thanks to Motor City Mustangs for getting me a stock, correct, sway bar. Steve

Back