Tool question guys...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang sportsroof
1970 Mustang Hardtop
1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC European Version
1950 Ford Custom coupé
Hi friends!! how are you all today??

Well... i´m at my office right now... (too far away from my favorites metal sheets, rust and hummers) and i was remembering... I HAVE A SPOT WELD in my fathers lamp shop...

It is not much really, just an electric transformer conected somehow to 2 cupper ends that nothing... welds

I was wondering... why we all think on replacing factory spotwelds with our MIG welders istead of using this type of spot welders??... for what i can remember, the actual sport my welder makes are not as big as the factory ones but that could be modify by changing the cooper ends i think... Besides, this is a not that heavy or big machine and the arms are like... 20" long so i could reach a lot of places actually....

I´m sure most of you bodyworkers have been in front of a machine like this.. is not that PRO either so.. is there any issue that make this machine not useful??

Thanks!

Hi friends!! how are you all today??

Well... i´m at my office right now... (too far away from my favorites metal sheets, rust and hummers) and i was remembering... I HAVE A SPOT WELD in my fathers lamp shop...

It is not much really, just an electric transformer conected somehow to 2 cupper ends that nothing... welds

I was wondering... why we all think on replacing factory spotwelds with our MIG welders istead of using this type of spot welders??... for what i can remember, the actual sport my welder makes are not as big as the factory ones but that could be modify by changing the cooper ends i think... Besides, this is a not that heavy or big machine and the arms are like... 20" long so i could reach a lot of places actually....

I´m sure most of you bodyworkers have been in front of a machine like this.. is not that PRO either so.. is there any issue that make this machine not useful??

Thanks!
It's the way to GO !! I had 1 in my last shop...Big time saver & is required for hss (high strength steel) Some oems are now requiring it as the only approved repair method on some of the new cars.

http://www.bodyshopbiz.com/issues/story.aspx?aid=1000201924&type=Print%20Archives

http://www.titespot.com/tspliers.html

Yes. I you have access to a spot welder you should definitely use it. I guess most people use the mig welder because it's there and they don't have to buy a spot welder.

Back