Totalled's rebuild thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanted to know how many leds are required for dash.

(7) 194 style for the cluster, two more for center gauges, two more for clock. Then (6) BA6 style for switch illumination, heater controls, shift indicator, and ash tray if you want it all LED.

Do you plan to use a fan shroud? Mine runs about 190 when it is warm out without and 180 on cooler days. Not sure I need one either but you are not using one and your build is very well thought thru so I suspect you have a reason for not having one. What exhaust are you running?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you plan to use a fan shroud? Mine runs about 190 when it is warm out without and 180 on cooler days. Not sure I need one either but you are not using one and your build is very well thought thru so I suspect you have a reason for not having one.
Stock shroud won't fit with this radiator. It sits to low and hits the fan. I may try getting one of the "universal" aluminum ones.

Not much done. Spent most of the weekend trying to figure out why the wipers wouldn't work. Got some paint on the inside of the cowl, tried to move the wipers... nothing. Turns out the motor lost ground when I swapped the motor fasteners for the new ones. Cleaned its ground and they work again.

Did a bunch of small things. Replaced the rear side marker light seals, started on the tail light seals... Got mad when I saw the awful job that was done replacing the tail light panel... No seam sealer was used, so there is rust creeping out of the seams..

Moved up front. Used these clips from the wire clip set to secure the MSD pickup line:

1012141926_zps56ee7f32.jpg

Dropped the front shocks in and got the caps and braces on. About all I had time for.

1012141925_zps83b7e0ca.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking great Pat, would have been nice if you had it got it done a few weeks sooner to take advantage of the great weather we've had, looks like the rainy season is moving in on us for the next few months.

I want to go to the exhaust shop!

Looking very nice, but I didn't see the Nitrous solenoid-where did you hide it?
Whut? :huh: Spraying a stock bottom end cast piston motor would probably not be a good idea.

Looking great Pat, would have been nice if you had it got it done a few weeks sooner to take advantage of the great weather we've had, looks like the rainy season is moving in on us for the next few months.
I'm hoping to get it out in the few nice days we usually get in November.

Looks and sounds awesome, good job, congrats Pat.

-john
Thanks!

Back