TuTone Hood Black or Argent Layout

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, That's exactly what I did, told the painter it was 2" from the front of the hood, but forgot the "trim piece" was not yet on, so I ended up with 3". My mistake, so it is what it is. Most people looking at the car don't know the difference anyway, just us. If the black-out ever gets scratched or otherwise damaged, I'll redo it (more) correctly.

Geoff.
Geoff, I actually showed my painter this picture too. I pointed out the difference between an original one and what happened with yours. He made the same mistake as your painter did in the past, I’m just lucky I asked him about it. I’m also very glad that you posted what happened with your hood, it definitely helped me out.
 Hey John, that make me feel good that this mistake has helped you and maybe others do it (somewhat) right. Yes for sure it definitely appear that these hoods got painted differently, yet the same. For me, the ones that do piss me off are the ones where no effort has been made make it look even somewhat right. We all know what I mean I'm sure.

Geoff.

John, That's exactly what I did, told the painter it was 2" from the front of the hood, but forgot the "trim piece" was not yet on, so I ended up with 3". My mistake, so it is what it is. Most people looking at the car don't know the difference anyway, just us. If the black-out ever gets scratched or otherwise damaged, I'll redo it (more) correctly.

Geoff.
Geoff, I actually showed my painter this picture too. I pointed out the difference between an original one and what happened with yours. He made the same mistake as your painter did in the past, I’m just lucky I asked him about it. I’m also very glad that you posted what happened with your hood, it definitely helped me out.
 Hey John, that make me feel good that this mistake has helped you and maybe others do it (somewhat) right. Yes for sure it definitely appear that these hoods got painted differently, yet the same. For me, the ones that do piss me off are the ones where no effort has been made make it look even somewhat right. We all know what I mean I'm sure.

Geoff.
So it seems that the 2 main reasons for this getting done wrong is from not including the front trim piece and the damn MM article being wrong. Those two different things equal about the same wrong placement. Glad we can learn from each other’s mistakes and hopefully help out a few others along the way.

Back