Underside finished.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw the jack stands, lol. I am getting older and can't roll around under a car like I use to. In my younger years I did a 69 Ford long wheel base Econoline Van. Took it completely apart every nut and bolt and you could eat off the underside of the floor. It took two years to get it all done and back together.

So now I bought a used rotisserie for $800, heck a new one is only around $1,500. That makes life so much easier and you get so much more done quicker. Whether cleaning, blasting or painting or assembly it is so easy.

You did a great job on your car but look for a rotisserie the next time. Sometimes at swap meets they have them and you can get cheaper, no shipping and they cut price to not have to haul back. Craigslist is also a good place to look for local.

Mine has inflatable tires that are way bigger than most you see so it is easy to move around. A good place to look online is Best Buy Auto Equipment. They have specials sometimes with free shipping. I got my 2 post lift from them and was free shipping and 3 year warranty. They sell the Mustang carts also that make it easier to move around in shop but only about same height as jack stands.

Great to see another one coming together.

Very nice work! Gotta love it when you get to the point where you can begin to apply the final finishes. Those hundreds of hours spent getting the base details correct really pay off at that stage.

Sandblasted complete car and repaired all metal first, then seam sealed everything underneath using tape as a guide to make it look niice. Everything was primed with basic aerosol rattle cans. I used POR 15 high gloss and then sprayed the bedliner BED ARMOUR brand from canadian tire while it was all still tacky to help promote adhesion to the POR 15 took about 12 cans of bedliner spray. I liked the aerosol spray type as it lays down a consistant textured finish that I can recoat If needed at a later time.

Underside looks great. I am about to do mine.

Could you please be more specific about what paints (brand/colour) and basic process?

Por15 chassis black first then bedliner all over - who's bedliner?

Cheers
Perhaps I missed it but how long did the whole process take you? I can't imagine doing that on jack stands.
No idea maybe 50 hours lol all on jack stands really fun !! bought the 3m pps cups system so i could paint upsidedown with my paint gun, and yes POR 15 sprayed through a paint gun worked like a charm

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the jack stands, lol. I am getting older and can't roll around under a car like I use to. In my younger years I did a 69 Ford long wheel base Econoline Van. Took it completely apart every nut and bolt and you could eat off the underside of the floor. It took two years to get it all done and back together.

So now I bought a used rotisserie for $800, heck a new one is only around $1,500. That makes life so much easier and you get so much more done quicker. Whether cleaning, blasting or painting or assembly it is so easy.

You did a great job on your car but look for a rotisserie the next time. Sometimes at swap meets they have them and you can get cheaper, no shipping and they cut price to not have to haul back. Craigslist is also a good place to look for local.

Mine has inflatable tires that are way bigger than most you see so it is easy to move around. A good place to look online is Best Buy Auto Equipment. They have specials sometimes with free shipping. I got my 2 post lift from them and was free shipping and 3 year warranty. They sell the Mustang carts also that make it easier to move around in shop but only about same height as jack stands.

Great to see another one coming together.
Been looking for ever for a rotiserie, might just build one for when i do my charger but that takes time and money away from the project lol jack stands not ideal but i do what i can with what i have , but it is on my wish list

Back