Update: My 19 year old son joined the US Marines

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an update...

He graduates his MOS training next week. His job is MOS 0352, anti-tank missile man. Basically he shoots Javelin missiles at tanks, bunkers, anything that needs a big, double charged explosion up close and personal. After graduation he will be stationed in Hawaii. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, now I have a good reason. :) He's also going to pop the question to his girlfriend that we whole heatedly approve of. So big things in the life of my oldest. I am very proud of him.

That's great Don, your son will love being stationed in Hawaii, at least we did. Here's the Marine's Hawaii facebook link. It'll give a lot of insight of what he has to look forward to.

https://www.facebook.com/MarineCorpsBaseHawaii

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Don,

Wow... he is getting stationed in Hawaii and asking his girlfriend to marry him. All great news. I'm really happy that things are all working out for him... and you!

Sent from my SCH-I535

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all.

I'll be away from the forum for a few days. I'm headed to TN tomorrow to take care of some mustang stuff, then down to Carleston for a few days of work, then up to Camp Legeune to see him graduate before he reports directly to Hawaii. God worked out the timing perfectly for all this to fit together. 2,200 miles round trip. I've done 10,000 miles in 2 months before but this will be a new single week mileage record. I think motorcycle riders call it an iron butt ride. :d

A lot has happened since the last update. Mason got married last month to a wonderful girl we all have grown to love.

Then last week a guy had a 71 F-code spring special in the base Auto body shop. It was owned by an officer who kept it all original and in great shape up until 3 years ago. The next and current owner bought and drove it for the last three years as a daily driver. It developed some rust around the left quarter window and right rear inner buttress. The guy list interest and asked Mason if he'd like to buy it as Mason was admiring the car. PO had removed the interior and back window in preparation to start the rust repair. Long story short, Mason bought it and has been driving it for a few days...says it runs great and fired right up. He's now on a ship for a few weeks but will hopefully join us on here as a new owner/member.

71 spring special.jpg

imagejpeg_0_5.jpg

imagejpeg_0_4.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg

Back