Update: My 19 year old son joined the US Marines

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I'm quite proud! Our new daughter-in-law is wonderful. She's still here in Mobile because Mason will be going on a 6mo training deployment. She will join him in Hawaii after that is complete.

Yes, factory air...Bonus!

It also has a C4 and 3.00 rear gears which in my opinion is a really good combo for a street driven car without overdrive. It still has the dog dish caps and trim rings too! I really like this car and Mason sounds well pleased with it as well.

I see a grandpa designation in your near-term future, Don...

Welcome to the Old Farts Club!

Thanks. I wish he were here. We brought the boat and camper to the gulf for 10 days of fun. He loves this vacation each year.

A lot has happened since the last update. Mason got married last month to a wonderful girl we all have grown to love.

Then last week a guy had a 71 F-code spring special in the base Auto body shop. It was owned by an officer who kept it all original and in great shape up until 3 years ago. The next and current owner bought and drove it for the last three years as a daily driver. It developed some rust around the left quarter window and right rear inner buttress. The guy list interest and asked Mason if he'd like to buy it as Mason was admiring the car. PO had removed the interior and back window in preparation to start the rust repair. Long story short, Mason bought it and has been driving it for a few days...says it runs great and fired right up. He's now on a ship for a few weeks but will hopefully join us on here as a new owner/member.
Okay what a great deal. Don you must be a proud DAD! your son is a Marine, he' s married to someone that will make him happy, AND HE BOUGHT A 71 MUSTANG... :D

Okay what a great deal. Don you must be a proud DAD! your son is a Marine, he' s married to someone that will make him happy, AND HE BOUGHT A 71 MUSTANG... :D
I am very proud! Now if he were just able to call home more often. Currently he's out on a ship for a few weeks.

Back