Vacuum Canister

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bkdunha

my question is out of the blue charcoal canaster whats the tube going up and angeling to the shock tower? there is nothing on mine its just open... no hose
That's the vapor purge tube that goes to the air cleaner housing.

I think the canister location on the OP's car might be correct. The canister was enlarged in '73, made taller by an inch or so, and may have not fit on the fender apron as on my '71. The holes in the tower are definitely punched through in the usual Ford style, so it's probably supposed to be there. It's been a long time since I worked on a '73, so the memory might be a bit fuzzy.

Fast E should be able to settle this one, as he is the original owner of his car...

My 73 vert (w/ AC) has the black vacuum canister down low and the blue charcoal canister up high. Reversed from the above BKDunha's picture.

My 73 vert (w/ AC) has the black vacuum canister down low and the blue charcoal canister up high. Reversed from the above BKDunha's picture.
+1 The 73s are mounted on the back of the shock tower.Like Hemikiller said the 71s were mounted as shown,down low for the carbon canister. I had seen this before and had thought at first it was wrong.The early canisters are shorter.

O.K. so now the charcol goes back on the shock tower. I have the plenum, scoops and air cleaner for the functional hood so I'll be hooking the line back up from the canister to the Ford air cleaner.

Back