Vintage Pictures with 71/73 Mustangs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Notice in the brochure shots for the foriegn- market 71 Mustang that it has under-bumper driving lights and a 1/4 panel-mounted antenna.

So these items could kinda' almost sorta' be considered factory-original equipment?

And, yeah...I did comment about the side-stripes being an early BOSS exclusive in a different thread.

Kit - factory original, not really. Or better; not FORD USA factory original.

You would need to identify the different counties of manufacture for the completed 'knock-down-kits'. The country who receives these unfinished cars complete per their own specifications.

To track would be interesting but tough to do.

Ray

Here are some pics from the late 70s of some modified 71/72's with crazy paint jobs, at the Chelsea cruise in London. They look like Hot Wheels!

29.jpg

45.jpg

27.jpg

36.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacked up rear, side pipes, fat rims and custom airbrush paint jobs.... my earliest memories of American cars. :)

I loved it as a kid but I'm kinda glad that fad is gone.

This is a pic of my 'Stang with my twins back in 1990 in Buffalo. These girls are all "growed up" now, so I need to get an updated pic of them in front of it when i get them both at the house at the same time.

Last edited:
I found an old box in the basement that had some photos of my first Mustang - a 73 Mach 1. This was my wedding day 32 years ago. Me and the wife leaving the reception that day and heading out for our honeymoon. That was a cool car!

15yfzlx.jpg

311xvgy.jpg

9hnim8.jpg

And as a bonus, my brothers 73 Mach 1 was at the reception too! You can just see the back end of it here

1pyws0.jpg

I found an old box in the basement that had some photos of my first Mustang - a 73 Mach 1. This was my wedding day 32 years ago. Me and the wife leaving the reception that day and heading out for our honeymoon. That was a cool car!

15yfzlx.jpg

311xvgy.jpg

9hnim8.jpg

And as a bonus, my brothers 73 Mach 1 was at the reception too! You can just see the back end of it here

1pyws0.jpg
Was your car black if so it was a special order.

David

Was your car black if so it was a special order.

David
David - it was dark green metallic. It's hard to tell that in those old photos. I drove that car to my high school graduation, my college graduation, my wedding, and across the country from Ohio to California for my first post college job. The only trouble I had in the 10 years that I owned it was a broken mechanism for the drivers side wiper (down inside the cowl). Not sure how that happened but it was during a driving rainstorm of course and it had to be the drivers side :-/

I insisted we drive my future wife's car from our wedding in 78. I didn't want my 73 messed up by well wishers. It was a good thing, the shaving cream stained her Mopar paint.

I insisted we drive my future wife's car from our wedding in 78. I didn't want my 73 messed up by well wishers. It was a good thing, the shaving cream stained her Mopar paint.
Ha ha! My wife had a 78 Chevy Monza that we could have driven but it just wasn't the same. I parked my Mach 1 at the neighbors house ( they were on vacation) during the reception so no one would park near me. I think my brother did the decorating. Everyone else was afraid to get near it. I was pretty picky about that car.

Here are some pics from the late 70s of some modified 71/72's with crazy paint jobs, at the Chelsea cruise in London. They look like Hot Wheels!

29.jpg

45.jpg

27.jpg

36.jpg
I wonder if the French Connection one is a true Boss 351 or just a bumper swap?

Latest posts

Back