Vintage Pictures with 71/73 Mustangs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ford_Mustang_73_zpsab8185bc.jpg

THAT dude is a serious bobble head!
...NOW look what you made me do...

udZwPAl.gif
LOL, I like that

[

Anyone have any old pictures of or with 71/73 Mustangs either as the subject or in the background that you can share. Maybe some of old newspaper articles or advertisements showing off the 71/73 Mustangs.

Kind of like the "where's Waldo" of shopping centers and street sides.

I think this will create a neat thread but I don't have any pictures to post and as we all well know:

:worthlesswithoutpics:

This is me and my car in 1974, I did order it new and still have it. All original has 57,000 miles on it.scan0001.jpg 73.jpg

Very cool thread, can see pictures from some of you back years ago :)

I have nothing compare to your pics, just this I found on ebay 3 years ago, not vintage pictures.

SAM_4865.JPG

[

Anyone have any old pictures of or with 71/73 Mustangs either as the subject or in the background that you can share. Maybe some of old newspaper articles or advertisements showing off the 71/73 Mustangs.

I think this will create a neat thread but I don't have any pictures to post and as we all well know:

This is me and my car in 1974, I did order it new and still have it. All original has 57,000 miles on it.

Very cool. Impressive that you still have it.So what did you order to make yours 'your own' and different from the standard lot car?

[

This is me and my car in 1974, I did order it new and still have it. All original has 57,000 miles on it.
Very cool. Impressive that you still have it.So what did you order to make yours 'your own' and different from the standard lot car?

I special ordered 73 convertible with a 351 4V 4speed it is 1 of 293 built.

I ordered factory aluminum wheels F70 x 14 tires, instrumentation group, decor group, convenience group, power brakes, power steering, console and racing mirrors. I ordered it with a lot of options that I wish I had on my 72 convertible that I sold to my sister. Check out the pictures on my profile and in my gallery. photo(4).JPGphoto 3(1).JPG

Notice in the brochure shots for the foriegn- market 71 Mustang that it has under-bumper driving lights and a 1/4 panel-mounted antenna.

So these items could kinda' almost sorta' be considered factory-original equipment?

And, yeah...I did comment about the side-stripes being an early BOSS exclusive in a different thread.

I thought I had posted this but did not see it. Mach 1 I ordered new and still have. This was taken just before it went to the barn about 1982 or 83. You can see the plastic covered chain through the grill I used to keep people out of engine. Guys around here would pour a can of sardines on your engine and boy did that turn you off and difficult to get rid of that smell.

Use to duct tape them under guys work benches in the tool & die shop we were always into something crazy.

David

IMG.jpg

This is an ad from a 1971 Hot Rod Magazine. While not an ad for Mustang, it clearly shows an under-hood shot of a brand new Boss 351, and it's factory ram-air set up.

Again, not a Mustang specific ad, but the car used for the ad is a Boss 351.

Fooling around with Cars.pdf

104+.pdf

Attachments

• Fooling around with Cars.pdf
    753.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 104+.pdf
    832.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a photo from 1973 of Sonny and Cher at a Rodeo in Houston, in a 73 Vert.

It has the Mach 1 stripes too. I read that the stripes were an option of the Décor range: http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2009/03/01/hmn_feature7.html
Hey thanks for the link. I also have one of the 72 Q convertibles it is in primer now was gold glow metallic. The previous owner started the restoration and went through divorce after spending $16,000 on parts and labor. Engine & trans was rebuilt and never fired and all new suspension and lots of NOS parts. Has the Ford ram air also.

David

Back