Virus updates

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like they have discovered the CURE for Covid-19. It looks like Chloroquin may actually CURE COVID19. A study just completed in France with 40 patients achieved 100% cure rate. This is very good news. Now we just need doctors around the world to confirm the study and this thing will be under control in no time.

It looks like they have discovered the CURE for Covid-19.  It looks like Chloroquin may actually CURE COVID19.  A study just completed in France with 40 patients achieved 100% cure rate.  This is very good news.  Now we just need doctors around the world to confirm the study and this thing will be under control in no time.
Seriously?? that would be great. Can you share where you got the report from ?

I wish people would stop following the useless reporters and hollywood and be able to make a decision for themselves. Does anyone have an idea of how many anything will actually effect? No, so its all speculation until the numbers are in.
Could be wrong but it sure looks like they have used numbers in that graph...

If you must know the pictures do not show up on the computer I use during the day (which there is a thread on here about that) but I really appreciate you helping me out. That goes a long way. So I guess you would fall under the ones who believe the first thing you see so.....Believe what you want and I will believe what I want and we (you and I will) never agree probably on anything. Where is all your crying about David saying he would be hunting for his meals? Seems like the last hunting thread you were all up in arms over or is that just selective?

Maybe you shouldn’t comment if you only see or read the posts partly then. Clearly you haven’t understood the hunting thread either, but that’s ok, not my problem :)

The UK is currently a Joke, Supermarkets pretty much empty,  On the + Side you can still buy Bacon, surprisingly that has not been hoarded by the Muslim Brotherhood  :whistling:

I managed to get the last bottle of Jack Daniels on the Shelf today  ::thumb:: :p 

No tinned food of any kind on the shelves.

Schools are closing this Friday.  People are still going the the Gyms, Some restaurants and Pubs have been advertising its business as normal.

meanwhile the media is saying put your head between your legs and kiss your butt goodbye!

It's as if the Government are watching the Media news and saying "well we better do that too"

Just got a email from a restaurant saying "business as usual for Mothers Day"   Madness!

:shootself:

Last edited by a moderator:
It always amazes me they have to test more. It is an approved drug already will not hurt to give to those on the edge of dying.

I do not have either but I have had lyme disease 3 times. Doxycycline was drug they gave me. Also took for malaria while in Botswanna.

I got the lyme disease from tick bite in Africa, they call it South African tick bite fever. I had been over and about a week after I got home I got horrible headache and stiff neck. Was running fever and next day found a gray rotten place on my ankle. So I went to emergency room I thought I had a brown recluse spider bite. They looked and also thought it was that. and gave me the Doxycycline and told me to go to family Dr. on Monday. I ask the ER Dr. if he should not cut the gray area out of my ankle and he said no. I told him if I was in the woods and it looked like that I would cut it out myself, lol.

So when I went to family Dr. first thing he said was that we needed to get that cut out, lol. He sent me to surgeon and he actually cut it out three different times to keep the rotten flesh gone. I was at home watching the Discovery channel about the middle of second week after and there were two guys in South Africa and they were holding their head and described what they had, South African Tick Bite Fever. So I did some research and took pics to the Dr. and he agreed that was probably what I had and not a spider. I had been hunting and tick on ankle. 

Next time I got bit on waist and after home it looked like the alien was going to come out of me. Got Dr. to write script for the Doxy and worked again. So when I went to Africa next time I took with me and yep got bit on my shoulder and had to take again. The workers on the ranch never get it immune to it.

I send Dr. friend an email to see if I can get a prescription for this stuff to have on hand.

Ok guys and gals try to get ahead of the curve. 

I placed an order at Health Warehouse .com for 60 200 mg. tablets. My order is in waiting on Dr. to call in script. It cost $39.95 shipped. 

I hope Dr. gets script called in sent them text with info on it.

I am sure the rush is on to get what is out there.

Sounds very promising from the small group testing they have done but need to be sure before everyone goes off thinking there is a cure. From what I read it was a group 40 people. They said the release their data earlier than normal because of the excellent results. More testing needs to be done to verify the results and if it is a permanent cure.. Also need to remember that if this works it's a cure and not a vaccine. You could still get very sick or possibly die from the virus it if not caught early enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife heard on the news that the virus can live for 3 days on boxes and mail, so it doesn't matter if you self isolate, still have to have supplies delivered. We have enough food in our emergency supply to last a couple of months, but still have to get meds, some are by month, some by 3 months. We started spraying mail and packages with Lysol or diluted clorox.

My wife heard on the news that the virus can live for 3 days on boxes and mail, so it doesn't matter if you self isolate, still have to have supplies delivered. We have enough food in our emergency supply to last a couple of months, but still have to get meds, some are by month, some by 3 months. We started spraying mail and packages with Lysol or diluted clorox.
Seen on a map where you are sandwich between two of the states with the highest total of infected people.  Don't know how your Oregonians are keeping the numbers of cases down.  Must be from all the filberts you eat.   :D

If you are on the fence on whether or not to take this seriously, I offer this.

The Ro factor for Covid-19 is estimated to be between 1.5 and 3.5 representing the number of people that each infected person with transmit the virus to. Seasonal flu has an estimated Ro value of 1.3. The fatality rate for Covid-19 is estimated to be 2.3% to 2.9% compared to .1% for flu. The normal range for deaths from flu in the US 30K to 70K per year.

So when you do the math, assuming the most optimistic estimation in all cases, you have a transmission rate that is at least comparable to flu, with a 23 times higher death rate, and nobody is immunized. The death toll IN THE USA could be in the millions.

Now the Ro factor isn't chiseled in granite. It can be mitigated by social distancing, etc. But this thing is the real deal. I am treating everyone I encounter as if they could pass this on to me and taking precautions. We are in Seattle, and hunkered down for now. I urge everyone to take this seriously to protect themselves, but don't panic. This will pass, and god I hope that the reports about chloroquine are correct.

Today I received a email from blue cross of idaho. Looked to be a mass mailing. They have approved any Dr script that has a 30 day refill to be filled for 90 days and shipped direct to the homes. Now that will help folks. Our governor addressed the sudden outbreak in Blaine county Idaho tonight by shutting down the whole county. Excellent decision.   

Here is what I hope doesn't happen on the new drugs to fight this virus. Just like toilet paper, hand sanitizer, masks and the like is being hoarded. We have a found a drug to fight the virus and "people hoard it. The drug is needed by the sick folks". I was told in a earlier post that I was freaking out?? dont know where that came from?? if you are hoarding you are freaking out and hurting others who really need it. Please dont.

Today Sally and I went to the cancer center to get a infusion chemo treatment. The most vulnerable place in the hospital because cancer patients have very low white blood cells. They had one gown to share between 2 nurses each day. They are suppose to throw away each gown after every patient. 20 infusion chairs and 10 nurses on staff. 

Good thing about being in cancer treatment? If there is a good thing about it :-( we have been doing all this sterilization and precaution for a year and half now. So we already have the hand sanitizer, masks, wipes and correct attitude.  

Ive been spraying mail for a year and half now. As Don C stated recommend complete sterilization as well.

By being careful and vigilant you will help save others!!!!!  Take care everyone.

Today I received a email from blue cross of idaho. Looked to be a mass mailing. They have approved any Dr script that has a 30 day refill to be filled for 90 days and shipped direct to the homes. Now that will help folks. Our governor addressed the sudden outbreak in Blaine county Idaho tonight by shutting down the whole county. Excellent decision.   

Here is what I hope doesn't happen on the new drugs to fight this virus. Just like toilet paper, hand sanitizer, masks and the like is being hoarded. We have a found a drug to fight the virus and "people hoard it. The drug is needed by the sick folks". I was told in a earlier post that I was freaking out?? dont know where that came from?? if you are hoarding you are freaking out and hurting others who really need it. Please dont.

Today Sally and I went to the cancer center to get a infusion chemo treatment. The most vulnerable place in the hospital because cancer patients have very low white blood cells. They had one gown to share between 2 nurses each day. They are suppose to throw away each gown after every patient. 20 infusion chairs and 10 nurses on staff. 

Good thing about being in cancer treatment? If there is a good thing about it :-( we have been doing all this sterilization and precaution for a year and half now. So we already have the hand sanitizer, masks, wipes and correct attitude.  

Ive been spraying mail for a year and half now. As Don C stated recommend complete sterilization as well.

By being careful and vigilant you will help save others!!!!!  Take care everyone.
PLUS 100

Also the virus has less survival rate on cardboard that other surfaces

"The virus that causes COVID-19 can hang around on plastic packaging and plastic medical equipment for up to three days after contamination, a pre-print paper from researchers at the National Institute of Health suggests.

The team behind the paper looked at how long the virus that causes the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) can survive on different substances from cardboard to copper, comparing its lifespan to the virus that causes SARS (SARS-CoV-1).

The results show that the COVID-19 virus appears to survive longest on plastic (polypropylene) and stainless steel, where it can survive for two to three days after the initial contamination. It did the least well on copper, lasting up to four hours, and can survive on cardboard for a day—up to 24 hours—post-contamination."

So your deliveries and mail can sit in the garage for a day or two if you do not have sanitizer

Be careful at the store...

The plastic bags from the store are the bad ... the conveyor belt at the store ? is that contaminating everything you set down on it... the clerk who scans every item?

Stay safe my Mustang friends

Sounds like people are finally accepting this to be more than a cold virus. It is a cold virus but it has twin turbo and a supercharger. 

On the virus not doing well on copper. I worked for National Lock Cabinet Hardware in the past. One reason door handles and door knobs were brass was that it does attack germs naturally. 

I am pretty sure I mentioned what I did when out. I have a roll of the dogie poo bags in console. If pumping gas you can put one on your hand. Take old grocery bags and cut strip to put over your credit car that you insert into the reader. Toss both when you finish. If you do not have anything pull out one of the paper towels usually at the pumps to hold the pump handle. Keep you some sanitize solution and use as soon as you finish. 

One of the last trips I made was to the post office to send a member a part. I asked if they were doing anything to the mail and they said no. So those that mention spraying mail are spot on. The rural mail carrier touches thousands of pieces of mail and mail boxes each day. Then the home owner goes out and opens the box can go either way carrier sick or home owner sick. 

My emphysema was kicking ass last night up at 2:00 to take something. I believe the pollen from being outside yesterday was the reason so a mask on today while out. Will use my sinus wash also. 

Keep throwing out those experiences like you guys going to the cancer treatment. Obviously some of us are located in a better place than others. Cities for sure are much easier to pass. Our first cases here came from personal contact with someone visiting from NY. 

Today is first day of spring and is beautiful. Get my onions and greens in the ground and watch the garden grow. Going to put a few seed of corn in might come up might not. If it does I will have fresh corn for 4 th. of July. It might hit 80 deg. here today for sure high 70's.

Be safe.

Back