Vozaday Build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your car looks great! The ride height looks much better. Ryan

Car is looking really great much better without shackles. You said something a lot of people think Mach 1 hood and stripes. They could be on any model if you ordered them. There was a 71 model called a Spring Special pic attached of the ad.

You would need to add the black on the bottom to be like the car. To get the stripes you had to get the decor group and that got you the stripe the side chrome and black out below the chrome and Mach 1 grill.

David

Spring_Special.jpg

Car is looking really great much better without shackles. You said something a lot of people think Mach 1 hood and stripes. They could be on any model if you ordered them. There was a 71 model called a Spring Special pic attached of the ad.

You would need to add the black on the bottom to be like the car. To get the stripes you had to get the decor group and that got you the stripe the side chrome and black out below the chrome and Mach 1 grill.

David
Thanks!

Very cool. Didn't know that edition existed. I purposely left the bottom stripe out, on the fast backs the stripe makes it look more streamlined in the back, but the notch back just looks narrow with it IMO. That's why I went without. Plus to be a little unique.

I have been debating blacking out all Chrome on the car right now. Found a sema built mustang that they did this and it looked really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_5149.jpgIMG_5151.jpg

Wheel spacers went on. American Muscle had a deal that I couldn't pass up. Very happy with the outcome. I may forgo dropping the front some more as I have a feeling I may need to get the front fenders rolled. But I'm going to wait until summer before I decide to drop it.

Decided to try and start it today. Got it to fire up but can't keep it idling for more than 3 seconds. But it starts every time. Fuel to the carb seems good. The only odd thing is that even after it dies I don't need to pump the throttle to start it again. And if I get on the throttle it still dies. The car as been sitting for 3 years so it is about time to clean the carb anyways.

I had a weird noise every couple startups and started to worry that I had fudged up the torque converter install, then I realized it was the starter not fully disengaging every time. Quick readjustment of the bolts solved that. Anyone else go crazy over their vehicle with every change? lol

David
Damn, we need time machines!

David
Damn, we need time machines!
For sure on the time machine. We thought nothing about being able to order up what we wanted. Our dealer use to get lots of strange requests with the NASCAR shops in town them. Gliders, sealer delete anything you wanted could be ordered. Still can today but cost you lots more. Back then the low volume cars were sold cheap not like today.

David

Now I'm stuck with a decision. I can either drop the front another inch and remove the front spacer, or keep the front the height it is and keep the spacer. Don't think I can have both at this point. I really want to drop it, but I really like the front stance. Decisions, Decisions.

This is what drives a guy nuts. This is the third part that I had shipped to me from 3 different companies that sent the wrong part. Now I am in northern Canada so shipping is quite expensive and parts take 2-3 weeks to get to me. Oh well, next set off ill get around to installing the brake booster and master cylinder.

image.jpeg

End rant. Lol

Ok, question for you experts. I'm thinking of ordering a front and rear sway bar. I'm thinking 3/4" rear and 1 1/8" front. Would a 1" in the front be better? The car will not be used for a track or anything like that, just spirited driving. I have also read that these cars seem to handle best without a rear sway bar completely. So kinda unsure at this point. I don't really remember how the car handled since it has been 3 years since I have had it on the road.

1 1/8 up front is good. I don't run a rear sway bar. I did have one on the car and it does keep it flatter in turns, but at the limit of traction the rear end seems to me to break free sooner with a rear sway bar. Good stiff springs in back and good shackles seem to make more of a difference than a rear sway bar.

I would not claim my selection is "right" but I like it and it is cheaper to add a rear bar if you change your mind than it is to add one, remove one, and be stuck with useless parts for the rest of your life. ;)

1 1/8 up front is good. I don't run a rear sway bar. I did have one on the car and it does keep it flatter in turns, but at the limit of traction the rear end seems to me to break free sooner with a rear sway bar. Good stiff springs in back and good shackles seem to make more of a difference than a rear sway bar.

I would not claim my selection is "right" but I like it and it is cheaper to add a rear bar if you change your mind than it is to add one, remove one, and be stuck with useless parts for the rest of your life. ;)
Thank you, that's pretty much what I have been reading. Seems like it reduces weight on the inside rear tire during an aggressive corner which means more wheel spin. I do have limited slip, but after the new shackles, coils, leafs (maybe 100miles since the leafs were installed), shocks, rims and tires the handling could be way better anyways. I'll start with the front sway bar and at a later date decide to if I want to play with the rear.

Welp, dipstick tube is leaking again. Guess i'm just going to replace the whole thing.

Oh and very glad I decided to replace engine mounts.

IMG_5721.jpgIMG_5722.jpg

All in all a good day. Other than the dipstick tube setback everything is done until the new parts arrive.

Back