Vozaday Build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna be her car in 10yrs anyway so you better get it running and enjoy it soon lol. Looks great!

Thanks guys, the way that the sun reflects the paint absolutely blows my mind.

I'm not sure which kid will get the car, but one will. Then I will buy another project for the next kid and so on (expecting our third). After that I will probably be old enough, and tired of restoring vehicles, that I will just want a GT500 or something I can hop into and go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went for a drive today around the subdivision. I think the torque converter is a little too high of stall as the engine revs up to 3500 rpm like nothing, but I love the sound of it.

Suspension: OMG! I didn't push it to the limits by any means but wow what a difference. The thing is pretty much like it is on rails and still extremely smooth for something with leaf springs in the back. Seriously impressed.

It felt awesome driving around in that thing again. Everyone was staring as I drove by. The cars stance is absolutely perfect.

Well took the kids for their first ride in the Mustang. They seemed to enjoy it.

One thing I noticed is that I've gotten old. Time to find a way to get rid of the 2500rpm drone and quiet it down a little. I've heard with long tube headers you will always have a bit of a drone but i'm going to try and find a way. Something like the flow master 50 series and resonators in front.

Anyways here are some pics from today.

IMG_6896.JPG

IMG_6900.JPG

Car looks great. It would be great if I could just hand off my chin spoiler to you since I'm making one. With that colour you must get thumbs up all day long. These cars are rare enough that it's a treat to see one even in rough shape but looking as clean as yours I probably makes some jaws drop. Spoiler will really finish it off nicely.

Thanks man. I actually picked up a chin spoiler but had a slight injury that prevents me from getting that low (sprained ankle from buddy rolling the golf cart. Lol). Hopefully in the next week or two I'll get around to it.

That wide body will be an absolute show stopper. I've always thought the back of the mustang should have been a little wider to make up for the length of the hood. Can't wait to see it painted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got the JW Speaker headlights aligned and tested out at night. Wow what a difference. Not saying to necessarily buy these headlights as they are stupid expensive, but it is so nice to be able to see more than 100ft in front of you.

I also ended up getting the chin spoiler on. Put the car in its first show last weekend. I'll get some pictures of the show when I get a chance. The categories were vague so the Muscle Car class was anything from the 60's to present. I didn't feel I felt right with the modified class or the stock class, again these were for any year.

Now that you say that, that nice straight body line kind of gets tangled up with the stock stripe and really doesn't let the car show that muscle. Someone mentioned that to me and then I could see why, even though it's factory, it was bothering me a bit. It's not a deal breaker but you might be on to something.

Great looking build..

Your springs made chuckle and think back to when I did mine. lol

iyke7fM.jpg

Back