Was Santa good to your Mustang this year?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Santa was good, but the Grinch (Trudeau) put f'n ethanol in all our fuel, so now the old girl might suffer from "indigestion" this coming year.

A note on the KYB's. I found Gas-A-Just were a bit too harsh on my 71 Mach, so I switched to Excel G and found a much improved ride, but no noticeable difference in handling. I also have Boss 351 rated springs in the back along with a 7/8" sway bar. Upfront, stock original springs with a 1 1/8" sway bar.

The new engine is finished in short block form, thus far, and Santa brought me a new radiator/ fan shroud. It'll go on when the new engine gets installed. In the meantime, the engine I built 20 years ago, and driven the hell out of, is still going strong......almost a shame to replace it.

Santa was good, but the Grinch (Trudeau) put f'n ethanol in all our fuel, so now the old girl might suffer from "indigestion" this coming year.

A note on the KYB's. I found Gas-A-Just were a bit too harsh on my 71 Mach, so I switched to Excel G and found a much improved ride, but no noticeable difference in handling. I also have Boss 351 rated springs in the back along with a 7/8" sway bar. Upfront, stock original springs with a 1 1/8" sway bar.
Just curious, do you have any gas stations with ethanol free pumps? Here by me, there are two stations that have just one pump (out of eight) with ethanol free gas. Granted it is about a $1.00 more per gallon that regular gas, but they seem to do a brisk business with the local classic car crowd.

Oh, I don't disagree at all about the ethanol, I just thought the indigestion part sounded humorous.
Yeah it burbs and farts on an Ethanol diet. it doesn't like it at all even though it was built to run on up to 15% ethanol. I certainly CAN"T use less than 91 octane or it will run on at shut down.

Just curious, do you have any gas stations with ethanol free pumps? Here by me, there are two stations that have just one pump (out of eight) with ethanol free gas. Granted it is about a $1.00 more per gallon that regular gas, but they seem to do a brisk business with the local classic car crowd.
Not any more. Like I said, our assh*le illustrious leader Trudeau has mandated ALL gasoline MUST contain 10% ethanol. Good for the corn growers I guess, but no-one else.
Not only that, but he's mandated that ALL new cars sales must be electric by 2035 and by then gas will be so expensive we'll be screwed.
Nothing wrong in principle with electric cars, but we have no infrastructure yet to support his delusional dream. Oh, and they're not telling the truth about how much fossil fuels it takes to produce just 1 EV lithium battery.
The way I see it, Hydrogen is the better solution, but that's been in the works for 40+ years and still many years off before it's viable.
Rant over.

Geoff-

Call me an ignorant American, but I thought Canada was a democracy, no? Is the Prime Minister really empowered to make such decisions/declarations unilaterally without Parliament's consent? Is there no check on his power?

We do have similar "executive actions" down here, but ultimately an Act of Congress can overturn such actions, unless they have already been ruled unconstitutional by the Judiciary. Our President may think [wish] they had absolute power, but they do not.

-Chris

Daughter purchased and wrapped a new Powermaster performance alternator for the mach. I was impressed that the unit was made in the USA. :)

When ethanol is at the pumps use Marine stabil to neutralize its effects on your rubber parts in your fuel system. Then sell all your land so the farmers cant raise corn. Which is exactly what has happened in Boise Idaho. I want my old Idaho back.

Last edited:
Machattack,
I hear you. Twenty years ago, when I first started coming here, to Boise, I said to myself...."What a beautiful place, lots of land, with a modern downtown area". Fast forward to finally getting to move here, and what happened to Real Estate??????? Those big farms and quaint farmhouses for the most part are gone, from what I remember. Ugly square-cube grey and black townhomes are everywhere. Eagle Blvd is a madhouse. The culprit, as I see it..............Developers. And, we may very well be talking about IDAHO Developers. City of Boise Developers, Look at Downtown, In all the time I've been coming here, and now live here, I don't think I've known one day that the skyline hasn't been monopolized by tall cranes erecting huge buildings, or blocked downtown streets. Build, Build, Build! Idaho's Developers are courting everyone to buy here. This all means big dollars for the builders and the city, screw the landscape. Now, my wife was born and raised here, bringing her home was a promise kept to her, we bought an existing home, didn't add to the new housing boom, and..... we are conservatives, as most of Idahoans proudly are. We left a big city, with all the shit that comes with it, but beware Idaho, should your money hungry city officials and developers continue........It will be no one's fault but Idaho's.

Back