watching gone in sixty seconds

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be either old or lucky (or both). I saw the original at a drive in theater while sitting in the drivers seat of my '72 R code Mach 1. The acting sucked but the drive home was memorable.

Steve
you don't watch the original movie for the acting, you watch it for the 40+ minute chase

Like Bullit. A decent movie, funky lounge music but a cool chase scene..

My two cents here.....for what it's worth, regarding the two "Elenores" . Just my opinion, keeping in mind this is a 71-73 Mustang Site, in the first movie, Halicki should have used a Boss 351, top of the line looking movie car, or at least, a Mach 1 look-alike. Heck, James Bond drove a Mach 1, that movie got it right, even if the movie cars used by Halicki were garden variety sportsroofs, I would have made them look like special models. I mean, why risk going to jail over a common version, over stealing a top ,rarer model. Obviously, the original car wrangler wasn't a "car guy". In respect to the later movie with Nicholas Cage, Chip Foose is a designer, and as such, over-modified the '67 from reality. Sadly, Hollywood does stuff like that. Lots of people dig it, but that misses the point, it's not real. It's not worth stealing. Why stop there, why not add CGI and make it levitate like Back To The Future? Again, if you have ( in the movie ) a clientel that will pay for rare cars, wouldn't a Shelby GT-500 be the prize, not some owner modified car that you have no idea what it is, or what has been done to it? Believe me, if I were in the movie business, and being a car guy, I'd have cars that represent the pinnacle of the breed.

American Graffiti was more on the ball with a real chopped Deuce coupe, and the new bodied muscle beginning with the 55 Chevy. The car wranglers for the first John Wick tried to give a bad-ass some bad-ass cars, but dropped the ball in calling Wick's car a "Boss 429", which it wasn't! Geeeeez, you would think that with all of the money in Hollywood people's budgets, they'd know which cars are the more collectable muscle cars.

Don't get me wrong here, all of these movies are great for our hobby and I enjoy seeing older cars in movies, but Hollywood needn't cobble up a vehicle. They exist. Cloning a rare vehicle is easy, done every day...….as in Ford vs. Ferrari.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back