weird CL find!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adm22

Reaction score
Wyoming a small town in the People's Republic of I
My Car
1972 convertible with almost half a million miles 351c- T5 transmission for 24 MPG on the Hwy! Still has a few original parts on it- not many!

also have a 1975 Bricklin with less than 20k miles.
Saw this on CL never seen or heard about these before.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/mcy/3998289350.html

Text of ad:

1971-73 Mustang Fiberglass bodies and bumpers - $900 (Iowa)

Mustang JR body and bumpers that were made in the 70s for Ford dealers to use in dealership promotions to bring customers into the dealership. These are much larger than a Pedal car and are large enough to fit an adult. These Mustang JR cars are highly detailed body and bumpers that were originally designed by Ford company stylists.

This is a promo car in the same way the little scale model plastic cars are but these are 3/8 scale so not only can kids fit in them most average size adults can also. Because of the way the steering goes high over the legs the pedals are located out by the grille. The bodies are made of fiberglass and were highly detailed by Ford company stylists to look like a full size car and do not use a bunch of stickers to get their detail.

These were not pedal cars so when your toddler outgrows their pedal car this will last through adulthood! Or just get one for yourself? They were made with electric or gas powered drive trains and would be considered Go carts by today's standards but they were never intended for speed. they were designed to attract attention and boy do they. Pizza Hut used a mustang JR in their first nationally broadcast television commercial and it was a huge success. you can watch that commercial here on youtube

The last pictures show completed cars from the original literature and photos, this is just to show what they look like completed. The buyer gets one brand new body and set of bumpers. Other parts like replacement frame, the rest of the trim parts like windshield, steering wheel, dash decals, headlight lenses and taillight lenses are also available. The frame and bodies are made to order so it takes a week or two too get them made. I will include a picture of a complete car for reference only.

go to http://www.jrcentral.com to see more information on these mini cars.

There are a few more real small pictures in the ad that will disappear when the ad does a few weeks down the road.

baby.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh yes...The shriners cars are neat....they been posted on here before...But they are rare and only JR makes the bodies i think ...I would love to have one for display...And i dout i could ever fit in one my self...Im too damn tall..lol

I was thinking that such a body prepped and painted and hanging from the wall could qualify as art. If you built a trailer that used it as the lid it could be pretty neat for car show supplies. I wonder if it could be turned into a motorcycle sidecar?

I fit in one, and it was a blast!

hotshots.jpg

Looks like enough people decided it was spam so it was deleted. If the guy posts again I will contcat him for conatct info incase someoen wants one. It was posted in Omaha but said location was Iowa- Omaha metro area is in both NE and IA

Latest posts

Back