What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started trying to find an AM radio for my Sprint. The Marti report showed it came with an AM only, it has an AM/FM. Soooooo I will try to find a D2 NOS AM radio for her! Shouldn't be too tough to install.
I have the original AM that came in my 71 if you need one. No clue if it works or not but guess I could try to power it up. PM me if you are interested

Had a Brass Band gig at Fort McKavett's Frontier Days Civil War Re-enactment event - had a great time playing period music and enjoyed an AWESOME barbecue lunch!

Tomorrow is "All Rustang - All Day!" My new outer rocker panel showed up last night, so it'll be time to finish up the passenger side wheelhouse & trunk drop-off, seam seal &paint the trunk with Rust Bullet, prep & install the forward gas tank hanger bracket, and get into the driver side rocker panel.

Can't wait - I'm Jones'n to work on my project... it's gettin' closer & closer to being done with the welding!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a new toy.. A 3.5 HP 60 gallon air compressor from good old Harbor Freight.. I still need to make a little more room for it, permenantly mount it and wire it up, but I should be able to start painting this weekend or early next week. I am picking up the paint during the week and doing a little body work. I'll let youz guise know how the compressor works out, it seems to have gotten better reviews than comparable craftsman units for half the price. I blame Q-code for this lol.

551658_10150769725926995_610141994_11790142_2034524571_n.jpg

547249_10150769727736995_610141994_11790147_1123515648_n.jpg

I hate 'needy' people - I had to help someone who called themselves 'welders' set up the welder to install a tool box onto the tongue of their trailer... and show them how to use the plasma cutter... then wait on them to use the welder after I'd fabricated a small patch on the passenger side inner wheelhouse - lost a couple hours of work time today. So, I finished grinding down the welds on the outer wheelhouse section and managed to get the door strikers out (finally). I also decided I'm just going to order new ones instead of rehabbing the originals with the new bushings I bought awhile back.

Once I finally got the new patch in, I was able to get it all seam sealed, painted with Rust Bullet Black Shell, and here we are... almost ready for quarters.

559152_392655094078748_100000027814872_1458433_1442804136_n.jpg

Another shot:

383436_392655164078741_100000027814872_1458434_2027299824_n.jpg

Next weekend I fly to Denver for an IT security conference, so I'll miss out on getting some more big stuff done. Oh well, I've got lots of 'little' things to do anyway. I might just see if I can finally kill the gallon of Rust Bullet on the rest of the trunk area.

Got the rear quarter extensions off and the rear running lights. Broke one of the mounting studs off one of the running light mounts :mad:. Someone put a standard nut (instead of the stamped nut) on it and it bound up the stud. Broke it right off.

All I have left to remove is one of the fender running lights and the two on the front fascia, then it's all ready for the body shop.

As a side note, didn't someone post a long time ago that they wanted to document all the stamped part numbers and markings? Since mine is all torn down I was going to take pictures of all the markings I can find along with locations.

Didn't do anything to it, because I haven't had the car in a long long time.

BUT, I am putting together my plans for it once I go pick it up this weekend. My girlfriend and I are finally moving in together and we have a house that has space for the car. I am pretty excited about it.

First on the list, fix those dang brakes that I couldn't get done last summer.

Then a new exhaust.

I bought an OEM rear spoiler and magnum 500's

Tell us more about your blaster. Thinking about getting one.

Thanks!

Paul

It snowed in Texas! No not really, I played with my new soda blaster. It works very well in removing multiple coats of primer/paint.

Back