What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final Assembly In Progress - Saved the original Drip Rails. Mustang Corral wants 100.00 a piece for "decent" ones. A used Hood Bracket Support Assembly cost me $175.00. So I couldn't buy both. Fuel Filler Neck and gasket installed, Billet Fuel Cap installed, Seats Installed, New Door Handles installed. Door Locks buffed and re-installed. Headlights, Taillights, Side Marker Lights Installed.

Front/Rear Valances, Front Spoiler and mirrors have been painted.

Wtg for the front/rear window moldings, seat belts, rear bumper and cowl vents.

I'm about 2 weeks away from being done with the build.

Hi Paul,

I bought a 40lb version from Harbour Frieght for about $100. It works pretty well, but if I was going to do more than one car, I would probably buy a better one. It says to use only a special type of soda, but it seems to work ok with normal baking soda (just clumps a little more).

If time is money than it is worth the money.

Tell us more about your blaster. Thinking about getting one.

Thanks!

Paul

It snowed in Texas! No not really, I played with my new soda blaster. It works very well in removing multiple coats of primer/paint.

has been a few days since on here because went out last friday night for a spin and to take photos of the mach1 parked up on our city,s electric car charging points and it looked good just need to learn how to post on here anyhow it was fluffing and farting a bit did not sound right on examination exhaust both sides was blowing so spent best part of this week sorting and repairing o.k now and all set for france 13 april cheers is it time for elevenes yet over there???

well received a box from Eddie Motorsports and for the second time will be sending something back:mad: Ordered billet cowl covers and received billet hood vents. So I called and they sent the right part out today but will be another week in shipping and the show is getting closer. You know these parts look so much alike:huh:

EMS275-57P.jpg

EMS275-66P.jpg

has been a few days since on here because went out last friday night for a spin and to take photos of the mach1 parked up on our city,s electric car charging points and it looked good just need to learn how to post on here anyhow it was fluffing and farting a bit did not sound right on examination exhaust both sides was blowing so spent best part of this week sorting and repairing o.k now and all set for france 13 april cheers is it time for elevenes yet over there???
Hey Mick - glad you got it back to OK. What are elevenes?

No Rustang love for me this weekend. Heading to Denver tomorrow for an IT Security Conference, and today gotta mow lawns and take my boss's computer [repaired] back to him.

Gotta live vicariously through you guys for the rest of the week - so post plenty of pics! :D

Well between Getting the new rear in the Camaro..Got the new oem rt otr ready for installation..& prepped the lock pillar..Spi epoxy primer on both before install. Hope to get the new qtr on this week..

100_3506.JPG100_3505.JPG100_3507.JPG

Looking good Q, One question on the quarter. I see you SPI epoxy'd everything so when you go to weld it on with the predrilled holes will you mark and grind the spots and then hit it with the weld thru primer or will you grind off all the EPOXY at the seams and weld thru then. Wasn't sure how the epoxy would react to the mig welding. I am getting ready to reinstall a cowl panel that will be rust bullet'd inside and out. I was just planning on grinding the rust bullet off just the spots I am going to spot weld and hit it with a little weld thru at the spots and leave the rust bullet on both matching pieces of the seam.

'Tis a thing of beauty, Q my friend. Can't wait to see it go on.
Thanks E..Yep-per nothing like the smell of epoxy primer on oem sheetmetal in the morning rofl

Also finished up the rear swap on the Camaro..The 3.73's with the th350..were to much for canyon carving.. or any extended highway driving..So I swapped in a different rear with 3.08's ..Had the driveshaft balanced..Also made a very slight adjustment to the pinion angle..Wow what a difference smooth as silk & the engine isn't winding out any more..Perfect gear ratio..Still plently of power off the line & plently of top end dancebanana

100_3466.JPG100_3467.JPG100_3468.JPG100_3509.JPG

Looking good Q, One question on the quarter. I see you SPI epoxy'd everything so when you go to weld it on with the predrilled holes will you mark and grind the spots and then hit it with the weld thru primer or will you grind off all the EPOXY at the seams and weld thru then. Wasn't sure how the epoxy would react to the mig welding. I am getting ready to reinstall a cowl panel that will be rust bullet'd inside and out. I was just planning on grinding the rust bullet off just the spots I am going to spot weld and hit it with a little weld thru at the spots and leave the rust bullet on both matching pieces of the seam.
You can do it 2 ways..Like you said just mark where your plug welds go ..grind to bare metal..then hit with weld through..On my exterior sheetmetal I'm using the spi expoxy on the insides & outsides..The way I'm doing those is to just leave the epoxy on the 2 mating surfaces since thats my base for my body work 2k primer..I don't think i would use rust bullet as a base for paint work (base coat clear coat) Then take a dremel with this bit http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-953-Aluminium-Oxide-Grinding/dp/B00004UDIX/ref=dp_cp_ob_hi_title_1 Clean to bare metal in the hole..then weld..The epoxy holds up extremely well..to welding..

Thanks Scott, The dremel thing is a great method, Ill do that. Im not using rust bullet as a base for sure ,just on the inside of the cowl and the other rust prone areas. I will be putting blackshell over the rust bullet inside and out in the cowl as well as the engine compartment and wheel openings and the like. I want it black in there so they have me covered on that. Thanks again for all your help.

I installed the lower shifter boot, filled the trans with mercon V, installed the backup light switch and attempted to install the starter. I found out a conventional manual trans starter will not work with the 3.8 bellhousing. I need to get one of those expensive small gear reduction units to match the bellhousing. I'll head to the local pick a part Friday to see if they have what I need. It is only a starter, driveshaft, shifter knob and boot away from being a manual trans car. :D I can't wait for the first drive selecting gearss myself!

Back