What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just about finished the shock mount today after I installed the new heat/ac unit in the game room. Tomorrow I'll finish putting the last coat of JB Weld where I made my cuts to make it right.

DSCN1465.JPG DSCN1463.JPG

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Feels weird actually getting stuff done.

Today, was a 'dumb-ass' day for me. Discovered that I have no collector reducers for the exhaust system. The Hedmans I ordered came with reducers... the Hookers, not so much - "Duh Moment" #1. So, I ordered them this morning from Summit.

I rooted through my totes full of parts I've pulled off (and still need to clean up to re-use) and discovered the original upper alternator bracket (no worries, since I got the whole deal from Don and it's installed on the engine) - "Duh Moment" #2.

Then, I started working on getting the e-brake cable stuffed through the floor, and realized that I had bashed the channel for it closed when I welded in the floor pans - "Duh Moment" #3. Spent a couple hours getting that squared away. Also painted the e-brake pedal assembly and cleaned up the pedal rubber pad and its brightwork trim... came out awesome (forgot to get a picture though). Still gotta fabricate the bracket for the equalizer, and still need a picture if anybody has one. Roy's diagram is really poor resolution (but still very helpful).

Finally, I was outside the shop looking over my old tank wondering why the 'sending unit' on the top looked different than the one that came with the new tank, and realized it was the rollover check valve/vent line/whatever it is, and that the sending unit fits into the hole on the lower driver side. "Duh Moment" #4. I was waiting to hang the tank so it wouldn't be such a PITA to put the fuel line on the sending unit with it on top of the tank, and didn't even see the hole on the driver side lower portion. Fortunately, I was able to ease the top piece off the old tank, saved the gasket as well, 'blasted it (still works and everything), and fitted it onto the new tank along with the sending unit in the proper location.

Anyway - after that little 'epiphany,' I hung the tank.

156431_434126153264975_100000027814872_1561866_886875992_n.jpg

Waiting for the rest of my new stuff to come in this week and should have it all in the car next weekend. I'm SO stoked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric new bracket is 10.00

Item #C7ZZ-2808

67-73 PARKING BRAKE CABLE IDLER

Emergency brake cable idler. Attaches to the idler floor bracket to take up slack and help keep tension on emergency brake cable by when the brake is off. Zinc coated. Price: $12.95

Item #ST2A816

67-73 PARKING BRAKE REAR CABLE IDLER BRACKET

Emergency brake cable idler bracket. Welds to the floor pan and acts as an anchor for the idler. Price: $9.95

Eric new bracket is 10.00

Item #C7ZZ-2808

67-73 PARKING BRAKE CABLE IDLER

Emergency brake cable idler. Attaches to the idler floor bracket to take up slack and help keep tension on emergency brake cable by when the brake is off. Zinc coated. Price: $12.95

Item #ST2A816

67-73 PARKING BRAKE REAR CABLE IDLER BRACKET

Emergency brake cable idler bracket. Welds to the floor pan and acts as an anchor for the idler. Price: $9.95
I didn't even think to look - I figured that the bracket was one of those 'factory only' things. Does that count as "Duh Moment" #5? ;)

Ummm - you've got a PM. :D :D :D

Set the trunk pan and measured for the staggered shock mount bracket. Didn't trust what I saw when I placed it to weld so did it again. WAPITA Bolts are easy!

My fuel lines, brake lines, and mounting hardware showed up last night - Yay! Add that to headers and exhaust, along with the engine and transmission, and you have a very busy weekend coming up for me.

Also picked up my rear brake drums from O'Reilly last night, and expect the distributor hold-down to show up Friday. I don't know if I'll have enough time to actually fire it up this weekend, but I'm damn sure gonna try!

I received my new NPD catalog in the mail. I also made a deal to buy 2 460 motors. I get to go pick up the motors in a couple of weeks.:D

Got my Hooker Headers 3"-2.5" reducers, PCV valve, and Edelbrock 90-degree fuel line adapter/filter last night.

Only thing I'm waiting on now is the e-brake idler brackets from OMS (which I think should be here today or tomorrow). Everything else I need is either here, or I can pick up on the way to the shop at the local parts store.

Got my Hooker Headers 3"-2.5" reducers, PCV valve, and Edelbrock 90-degree fuel line adapter/filter last night.

Only thing I'm waiting on now is the e-brake idler brackets from OMS (which I think should be here today or tomorrow). Everything else I need is either here, or I can pick up on the way to the shop at the local parts store.
Eric, sent those priority mail so you should have them today

Don

Back