What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark sand it down and paint it silver [ I use cast coat ]

It should look like bare galvanized steel

Straps get black

Don

Mark sand it down and paint it silver [ I use cast coat ]

It should look like bare galvanized steel

Straps get black

Don
That may be one of those rare 1 of 1 black gas tanks! :D

Pulled the gas tank out of the shed and drained the last out of it. It was replaced by PO and is like new. Have all new hardware and gaskets to go in (From OMS). Just waiting to here from c9zx about proceeding with painting.(strip, prime?) beats me.
Mark,Strip to bare metal...epoxy prime if you want but not required.. then eastwoods tank tone..Used it on the camaro gas tank..Works really well !!! & looks very close to oem...

29755_127572203936593_4781972_n.jpg

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-tank-tone-metallic-coating-aerosol-13-oz.html

I cut my drivers side quarter panel off today and the inner structure is in a lot better shape than I suspected!

Melted the lead out

20121212_182324.jpg

Cut out

20121216_171811_zps9d3f1dcb.jpg

Finally got a chance to work on the Mach 1 today, and ran through pretty much everything on the wiring harness with a DVM. So far, it looks like the original harness is in pretty good shape - gotta clean up some of the sockets and conductors, but that shouldn't take long. I think I discovered the difference between tach and non-tach instrument clusters and wondered if there's some kind of adapter or wizardry involved in making a tach cluster work in a non-tach car.

Since there were no flames or smoke involved, there are no pics (sorry, Roy). :p ;)

I cut my drivers side quarter panel off today and the inner structure is in a lot better shape than I suspected!

Melted the lead out

20121212_182324.jpg

Cut out

I walked around the car 10 times with a sawzall in my hand after measureing it for 6 days to cut my rear frame rails and there is no WAY I could have cut that rascal off! Nice job!

Melted the lead out

20121212_182324.jpg

Cut out

I walked around the car 10 times with a sawzall in my hand after measureing it for 6 days to cut my rear frame rails and there is no WAY I could have cut that rascal off! Nice job!
I hesitated... Believe me! But I feel good about it now, and need to look into blasting the inner stuff there.

Pulled the gas tank out of the shed and drained the last out of it. It was replaced by PO and is like new. Have all new hardware and gaskets to go in (From OMS). Just waiting to here from c9zx about proceeding with painting.(strip, prime?) beats me.
Mark,Strip to bare metal...epoxy prime if you want but not required.. then eastwoods tank tone..Used it on the camaro gas tank..Works really well !!! & looks very close to oem...

If the black paint on it is adhering well, why strip it. Just clean , sand and re-paint it.

1 - it is a used gas tank

2 - it is a used gas tank

If the black paint on it is adhering well, why strip it. Just clean , sand and re-paint it.

Mark is this tank new or used????????????

I ordered more stuff from CJ's (won a $100 gift card, but doesn't buy much) had to run to the storage unit to check the tire size. thought the rear wheel was 16"...it's not. Trying to find a way to fill the wheel wells better. I also rubbed the drivers door for luck, gazed longingly into the interior and imagined what it will look like when I get my door panels installed. Still contemplating where to put 2 more speakers in the front. Going with the dual coil dash speaker.

Mark,

Strip to bare metal...epoxy prime if you want but not required.. then eastwoods tank tone..Used it on the camaro gas tank..Works really well !!! & looks very close to oem...

Tank? what Tank? M1 Abrahms? Let me drive that sucker! I don't care what color it is!

Last edited by a moderator:
Started cleaning the garage so I could get back on my car after assembling an early Christmas gift. Said if this is what your going to do you need the right tools. Gotta love that woman! :)

DSCN2263.JPG

Tank? what Tank? M1 Abrahms? Let me drive that sucker! I don't care what color it is!
I've been doing an M1 Abrams tank study for the Army and been up close & personal with them on both the assembly lines at Lima, OH and Anniston, AL. Those tanks are beasts! I'm supposed to test drive one on my next trip...we'll see. If it happens that will be the highlight of 2013 for me. ;)

Fabricated a patch for the last bit of rust I have to fix dancebanana

Weld it in tomorrow..Final sand the roof...Should have the car in satin black epoxy by next friday..

100_4306.JPG100_4353.JPG100_4354.JPG100_4355.JPG

Measured the opening for the dash speaker, got the door panel clips in the mail today, put them on the panels, will install tomorrow. Checked the forums like 12 times while at work. thats about all.

New door panels in the correct color. Got them in the mail last week, but couldn't install because I didn't have enough door panel clips to do even one door. Old panels had weird plastic one time use things in.

No door panel-drivers side

IMG_0649 (800x598).jpg

Door panel installed!

IMG_0651 (800x598).jpg

Sweet!

Notice no arm rests. those are coming soon.

also, I have been fiddling with the wiring under the dash and found two disconnected wires. I am not a big fan of loose wires so was looking for some knowledge. It think they would have belonged to the stock stereo, but not sure. tried to take pics:

IMG_0657 (800x598).jpg

Back