What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good Mike! So...are you finished with your Mustang yet? ;)
Nah, I don't think it will ever be finished, as I get new ideas and my taste changes over the years.

I think unless you go for factory correct all original specs, you can't get them finished. :)

Looks good Mike, I can't really tell but is the exhaust stainless?
The mufflers are stainless, the headers are thermo coated.

The rest is just the standard repro stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not Nice ...But Looks like that may be able to be repaired vs replacement..Only time will tell LOL

I have a 71 M code convert that has the exact same rust in the shock towers. Do you have any suggestions as to the best approach to repair this kind of rot with out swapping in a used rust free tower?

Thanks so much!

Paul

I drove mine today. Might have been the last time until the end of winter.

Bummer is that the exhaust is really noisy. Maybe I´ll get used to it, but I think something will have to change.

Let´s see next year with the top down.......

Well here is the other side. And you all thought I was crazy. :p

All kidding aside, I'll post what I found with pictures of the floor, all 4 torque boxes and rear frame. This just became a parts car. :shrug2:

DSCN2180.JPGDSCN2181.JPGDSCN2182.JPGDSCN2183.JPG

All kidding aside, I'll post what I found with pictures of the floor, all 4 torque boxes and rear frame. This just became a parts car. :shrug2:
Just follow my how to videos and it will be as good as new !!! rofl Just teasing..Your done..thats's gonna require the full monte..But what the heck you love this stuff just like me :huh:

Wow sm...That color looks pretty deep...I like it....What color of blue is it ?
It's 2012 Kona Blue. I like it a lot.

Got the front bumper on and fixed an oil leak. Luckily the leak was from a punctured oil filter. Easy fix.
That is the color of my Flex! I wondered how good it would look on a 71-73.

I I must be losing my mind. I let my daughter drive the Mach1 home from basketball practice. She says the brakes suck so I guess my direct and to the point attitude has rubber off on her. :rolleyes:

Nah! That's totally repairable - otherwise, I'd probably still be looking for a project. ;) :D

You're a machine, Mark - You can do it! Oh yeah, PM sent.

Well I was a busy beaver today. Installed a new ignition coil and plug wires and adjusted the timing. Runs awesome now, pulling 16 " h.g. of vacuum. Installed the fender extensions, door/trunk locks and door handles. Fiddled with things for awhile, just had fun with it. Dinged up the new paint in a couple spots because I wasn't being careful, but the body guy said he'd fix all the dings and do a final polish this coming spring so I'm not too worried about it.

Hello,

Not to much done today, just replace some seals and joints on the gearbox.

Next step, install the new clutch then place the gearbox.

Bye bye

Hello,

Not to much done today, just replace some seals and joints on the gearbox.

Next step, install the new clutch then place the gearbox.

Bye bye
DSCN9681.JPG

DSCN9682.JPG

DSCN9683.JPG

IMAG0443.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

Swapped out the incorrect long tailshaft housing/upside down shift lever FMX transmission for one out of a 70 Mach with 1000 miles on the rebuild, hooked up the shift rod, speedometer gear and cable. Also installed some new u-joints and a Ford racing yoke on to the driveshaft. It has gotten cold here so there probably wont be much more progress for a while.

took the mach to my clubs annual toy drive for the local VFW christmas charity for kids w/ parents who are deployed.

Had a much bigger turnout then expected w/ 30+ cars showing up including my mach, another member's 73 mach (which goes to everything) but the surprise was definitely another member showing up in a 73 fastback that he'd recently just bought up in pasadena....not sure if it was from a little old lady or not though,lol

1st of row of cars

2012-12-08_10-31-49_111.jpg

2nd row of cars

2012-12-08_10-31-43_280.jpg

the newest 71-73 in the club (it has a 302 BTW)

2012-12-08_10-15-49_632.jpg

All the toys the club bought/donated for the VWF

2012-12-08_11-10-11_212.jpg

2012-12-08_11-10-30_519.jpg

Sounds like a productive day for all with good causes and great work. Good Job guys!

We made it so more sun could shine on the garage today and cheer up the Mach! :p

DSCN2203.JPGDSCN2204.JPGDSCN2205.JPG

Brother replaced the fuel filter on the R Code and Dad put a new battery in the Q Code. Wish I was closer to help work on them.

Pulled the gas tank out of the shed and drained the last out of it. It was replaced by PO and is like new. Have all new hardware and gaskets to go in (From OMS). Just waiting to here from c9zx about proceeding with painting.(strip, prime?) beats me.

DSCN2244.JPGDSCN2245.JPGDSCN2246.JPGDSCN2247.JPGDSCN2248.JPG

Back