What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually got a few brake lines installed today. dancebanana Boredom will make you get somthing done. Shoot, I just realized I have to pull the engine compartment stuff to do the touch up on the sealer. (Dumb) :mad:
Are the outer shock towers missing the rubber snubber?
Yes they are! thanks for reminding me. (I'll be so glad when this surgery is over next week and I can get back to normal)
Item #C9OZ-3020

70-73 FRONT SUSPENSION BUMPER

Each Price: $7.95

20130208_114432.jpg20130208_164107.jpg

Started the install of sound deadener, hope to get the headliner in next week, if the warmer weather sticks around
Awesome! Let me know how the headliner turns out...that's my next major project

Got started on the headliner today (not fun at all, glad I'm not in a hurry and my wife was able to help:) now I see why they charge $400 to install them, but I think we will get eventually

Nothing besides drive it. Was nice to clear it out a little:angel: but with the rape on fuel prices right now a little was all I could afford. Oh and then I got to clean the bird crap from about every panel on the car. It seems I always get the birds with diarrhea:mad:

Good luck with the headliner. Would a bunch of binder clips help get the material tight?
The couple of articles in Mustang Monthly I've read about putting in headliners say to use pieces of windlace to secure on the doors and windshield/rear glass frames until the adhesive dries in those areas.

I'll bet binder clips would work just fine though, and not cause one to cut up perfectly good windlace into little pieces. Just need to make sure the sharp edges of the clips don't damage the new headliner though.

Got some 'little' stuff done today. Made a block-off for the driver-side air hat that I spent so much time repairing last year (Classic Auto Air instructions say to have the fresh air hats blocked off... so, I'm blocking them off). The Classic Auto Air kit I purchased had one for the passenger side, but not the driver side - just a sheet metal disk, so I fired up the plasma cutter and cut a round chunk out of the leftover bits of the quarter panel I scored from the junk yard to repair the trunk area. I'll zap it down with some tek fasteners and seam sealer tomorrow.

Installed the pressure switch for the A/C system. Got the center bracket located for the dashboard (had to stuff the square nut back into the hole - which took almost a half hour). Also decided to load up the ducting and wiring for the HVAC before slipping the dashboard panel back in.

BONUS: [Re]Discovered the ABS plastic glove box insert Classic Auto Air included in the kit. That means: no cardboard glove box for this kid!

fixed a few issues w/ the door panels being a bit loose. They would basically flex a bit when you pulled on the handle and tried to close the door. (especially the passenger side) So a few screws fixed that.

And we'd also had an issue w/ the fake wood panel on the passenger side coming off a lot since so many tabs were broken, so a hidden screw has fixed that too.

I got the passenger seat put back in. Much easier if you take the seat return spring off first. :p

Finally I got me some auto meter sport comp gauges instead of the cheap china ones. Years ago I had made a panel that faced downward and everything was only for cosmetic reasons because I needed to cover some holes that the previous owner had drilled in there.

This panel is angled upward and with the help of the auto meter angling rings, it is actually possible to see the faces.

I took the sport comp ones because it is the only one that also comes in metric, as my Mustang has metric gauges.

Close up:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just ran it for 15 minutes, it'd been sitting for 3 weeks so it needed to be run

Finally I got me some auto meter sport comp gauges instead of the cheap china ones. Years ago I had made a panel that faced downward and everything was only for cosmetic reasons because I needed to cover some holes that the previous owner had drilled in there.

This panel is angled upward and with the help of the auto meter angling rings, it is actually possible to see the faces.

I took the sport comp ones because it is the only one that also comes in metric, as my Mustang has metric gauges.

Close up:
I just picked up some sport comp gages and have the rings in my garage with plans to do the same thing! Looking good Mike!

I swept several inches of snow off of it in the morning and did it again in the afternoon. I suspect there is also some snow inside the car since the windows do not make a perfect seal.

I swept several inches of snow off of it in the morning and did it again in the afternoon. I suspect there is also some snow inside the car since the windows do not make a perfect seal.
That's no fun, you should get a good cover, or at least a big tarp.

It was sitting under a car port which in general keeps it dry, the snow was blowing in very hard from one of the two opwn sides yesterday.

just something i have learned to deal with.

Close up:
Nice job Mike.::goodjob::

It was sitting under a car port which in general keeps it dry, the snow was blowing in very hard from one of the two opwn sides yesterday.

just something i have learned to deal with.
Man that stinks. When I started buying my new house that was the one deciding factor in my decision. I had to have a garage. Now I found a place where i won't just have a garage, I am actually going to have a bedroom for my 'stang. Old owner built a bedroom in the two car garage, so I am knocking down a wall and turning it into my car's room so I can tuck it in at night and keep it warm...sweet.

Apart from the windshield frame blackout that I posted in a different thread, I decided to try the Mach1 deck lid stripes on mine. Inks these, not the side ones.

Looks pretty good.

Before

And after

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back