What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So pretty excited. Yesterday I got to fire up the stang and drive it to the car stereo place. It was pretty uneventful, but still fun. It was there overnight. It got rained on a bit before they put it in their garage. Today they installed the alarm system. I was pretty excited to hear the chirp-chirp. It also has a blue flashing light that flashes on the interior when it is armed. sort of ironic that the first car I have owned that has a key fob is nearly 42 years old. Still no electronic door locks, but I think I will save that for after my next deployment. Anyone ever done that before?

I remember the other question I had. Someone mentioned the toploader and getting oil into it. I think my oil level may be low. What would be the signs/symptoms? I have 4 bottles of the oil to put in it, but I can't get it to go in. The angle sucks, the exhaust is in the way and I had to cut the tip down to almost nothing to be able to 'squirt' it out more than a drip. Any ideas? i know they have the little hand pump things you put on the bottle. Do these work?
I filled up my Toploader yesterday, a little bit less than 2 liters, of course it's not easy. You have a few different options to do it.

From under the car, it's what I did (my exaust is out at the moment). The 2 liters oil drum comes with a little pipe which is easy to put inside the gearbox.

You can also use a pump with a hose at the end. Or you can go to a garage, they the pneumatic system and the jack to raise the car.

You can also run a hose from the engine side to the hole and fill up the oil through a whooper.

But if you need only to had a little bit of oil, you can use a small drum and add a piece of hose, and do it from under the car.

Hope it's clear, my english is not the best :)

Nothing personally

though a guy in my club took his 71 mach 1 (w/ a 302) that he's been restoring to it's first little club meet today (since my club does a little impromptu get together on saturday mornings every once in a while

So along w/ my 72 and a 73 mach another guy in my club owns my club now officially has a mach for all 3 years....so my goal for this car show season this year will be to get some good pics of all 3 of them together

Nothing personally

though a guy in my club took his 71 mach 1 (w/ a 302) that he's been restoring to it's first little club meet today (since my club does a little impromptu get together on saturday mornings every once in a while

So along w/ my 72 and a 73 mach another guy in my club owns my club now officially has a mach for all 3 years....so my goal for this car show season this year will be to get some good pics of all 3 of them together
Get 'em lined up next to each other at the show. That would be cool! :cool:

Drove it. Probably one more long club cruise, and then it's up and jack stands for a gutting.
Gutting:huh:
Global west front suspension, new steering, springs, sway bars, sub frame connectors, cal tracs bars, different shift kit and servo for the trans, new drive shaft, headers, new exhaust, alloy axles, no slip diff, quench 4V heads, roller cam, roller rockers, new oil pan/windage tray, rpm air gap intake. Maybe an electric fan and 3G alternator swap.

Then swap dash harness and install the correct tach cluster.

I have quite the pile of parts waiting to go into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove it. Probably one more long club cruise, and then it's up and jack stands for a gutting.
Gutting:huh:
Global west front suspension, new steering, springs, sway bars, sub frame connectors, cal tracs bars, different shift kit and servo for the trans, new drive shaft, headers, new exhaust, alloy axles, no slip diff, quench 4V heads, roller cam, roller rockers, new oil pan/windage tray, rpm air gap intake. Maybe an electric fan and 3G alternator swap.

Then swap dash harness and install the correct tach cluster.

I have quite the pile of parts waiting to go into it.
Very cool, post some pics. But you knew that.:D

Nothing personally

that's the eventual plan, here's a pic of it in the meantime

549203_577499875610839_313683215_n.jpg

Also I think it should also be noted that w/ the completion of this one, our club's 3 machs also have the 3 major mustangs engines.....the 71 has a 302, my 72 has a 351C, and the 73 (though not correct for the year) has a 429CJ

lol

Finished buttoning up the engine from new heads,rockers and cam. Did the cam break in run too. All went good. No overheating, fired up first try, no leaks. Need to do some fine tuning still from the stock set up, but very relieved. My first time ever doing this and was a scarry feeling.

2ywbq6w.jpg

Nothing personally

Also I think it should also be noted that w/ the completion of this one, our club's 3 machs also have the 3 major mustangs engines.....the 71 has a 302, my 72 has a 351C, and the 73 (though not correct for the year) has a 429CJ

lol
Wow Nice car. James is that the car from Poway that you where telling me about?

lol
no, this guy lives in spring valley, and to be honest I don't remember a car like that from poway. Though there is a red sportroof 71-72 that comes to La Mesa Car Nights a lot

(though strangely not much else)

lol
no, this guy lives in spring valley, and to be honest I don't remember a car like that from poway. Though there is a red sportroof 71-72 that comes to La Mesa Car Nights a lot

(though strangely not much else)
I thought it was you that was telling me about a 71 Mach 1 being restored in Poway. Maybe it was Ron with the black 73.::shrug::

I actually got a few brake lines installed today. dancebanana Boredom will make you get somthing done. Shoot, I just realized I have to pull the engine compartment stuff to do the touch up on the sealer. (Dumb) :mad:

DSCN2424.JPGDSCN2425.JPGDSCN2426.JPG

I actually got a few brake lines installed today. dancebanana Boredom will make you get somthing done. Shoot, I just realized I have to pull the engine compartment stuff to do the touch up on the sealer. (Dumb) :mad:
Are the outer shock towers missing the rubber snubber?

Yes they are! thanks for reminding me. (I'll be so glad when this surgery is over next week and I can get back to normal)

Yes they are! thanks for reminding me. (I'll be so glad when this surgery is over next week and I can get back to normal)

and I can get back to normal)

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Back