What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to finally put some tires on the back today
r0v3vm.jpg

Not much today except change the fuel filter for like the 12th time
I saw Robert's car in person and complimented him on it. Nice looking stang Robert!

I rolled the windows down on mine to let the water evaporate from the cowl leak due to the very heavy rain we had. I need a good car cover until I make a spot for it in the garage...that or a temporary tarp. My neighbors would kill me for putting a tarp on it; too much of a eye sore. :(
D..Just get a clear piece of heavy plastic...duct tape from the lower edge of the windshield down over the cowl /screen vents.. into the engine compartment no more water problem during rain storms

New turn signal switch. Nothing fancy but important just the same. Friday I picked up a new trac-lock with 3.89's to be installed next week. Last week we replaced the rear leafs with grab a trac 4.5 std.

After the third member we will be adding dynomax turbo mufflers to replace the flowmaster 40's so I stop waking up the whole neighborhood when I fire it up to go to work. LOL Gonna put in electronic cutouts and pipe them out in front of the rear tires for when I need it loud. :)

Not much today except change the fuel filter for like the 12th time
I saw Robert's car in person and complimented him on it. Nice looking stang Robert!

I rolled the windows down on mine to let the water evaporate from the cowl leak due to the very heavy rain we had. I need a good car cover until I make a spot for it in the garage...that or a temporary tarp. My neighbors would kill me for putting a tarp on it; too much of a eye sore. :(
D..Just get a clear piece of heavy plastic...duct tape from the lower edge of the windshield down over the cowl /screen vents.. into the engine compartment no more water problem during rain storms
Scott... i'm gonna use this advise too... :) As an amateur "restorer"... i forgot to check lick from the cowl in the fastback and i'm ashame to asume IT LIKS!...

pull the plastic vents and shine a light toward each side..have a handy place to sit down....and cry.
Already did it my friend, but the rust is minimal... It still leaks just a little and that bothers me but, no need to cry yet ;) Just a matter of learn for the next time.. COWLS ARE BAD PEOPLE! :p

got my extra oil line ran, tip from jeff, battery box and battery, dash hung, carpet laid in, and as always more trim painting
Roy... I LOOOOVE how you car is coming out man... you have great taste! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My first post in this thread. :)

Today I went and picked up my radiator from the shop where I had it repaired. Get this: A new heavy duty aluminum radiator from Summit, bought two years ago.... and the damn thing starts leaking in 2(!) places after 2 years of use!?! Well make that less than one year, as the car sits still over the winter months, so it is not constantly in use.

Plus the guys at the shop told me that it won't probably be long before it starts leaking in new places.

I'm not happy!

End of rant!

Well I assume the grill fairy came over night and installed the grill on my car. No one seems to claim installing it. Wish the wheel and clutch fairy would show up now!!!!!

If you run into the remodel-the-garden or the-tidy-up-the-cellar fairy, gimme a call! :D

Well I assume the grill fairy came over night and installed the grill on my car. No one seems to claim installing it. Wish the wheel and clutch fairy would show up now!!!!!

If you run into the remodel-the-garden or the-tidy-up-the-cellar fairy, gimme a call! :D
you got it and if you see the ones I mentioned give me a yell.

My state inspection expires this month, so in the process of checking things out I noticed some small drips of brake fluid on the left front and it turned out to be the brakeline hose bolt needed tightning. Then I discovered the exhaust doughnut gasket was leaking, so I had to install a new doughnut gasket. Everything else seems to be in good shape.

Congrats Steve!
Yah, thanks Jeff! I'm so stoked I can't hardly sit still. I've been pricing out wheels and tires (because it's GTG mechanically), but my dad has two Ford Racing 5 spoke rims (off his 2001 Mustang GT that he had to sell) that he said he'd give me that I may use. Just need to find two more wheels that match.

The countdown begins!

Back