What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy conversion, or PITA?
Very easy for a change. :)

I have my center gauges on a custom made panel that is held in place with 4 screws. Undo those screws, twist the sockets from the back of the housings, pull out the bulbs, push in the LEDs and put everything back together. Took me less than 10 minutes.

Sometimes it's nice to actually do something that's fast and easy. :)

put it up for sale unfortunately....now I no longer live at home my dad has decided it is way too much car for him to properly take care of.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/4191404392.html

Also posted in the for sale section here
Wow, sorry to here about that. This has got to be one of the nicest cars on this forum. Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

New plugs then cruised the beach in the Mach 1 along with my mate with a hemi orange charger :cool: then hit 100mph on the run home :D charger went over 130 :( little bit naughty but its the weekend ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This was yesturday but drove to Spokane. Meet SHGRRTTN and bought some parts off of him for my 73 mach and got some good info while i was there.

Today I finished sanding my passenger door and shot some primer on the door frame and inside the door. The door has no rust but it does have a small dent in it. I'm very happy with the condition of the door.:cool: I still need to prime the door skin. I just ran out of day light.:dodgy:

door 006.jpg

door 008.jpg

door 011.jpg

door 010.jpg

door 012.jpg

door 014.jpg

Just went to the garage I rent to park my cars to check if everything was alright.

Soon my own garage will be ready at home to welcome my Mustang and my Supra.

The wife and I took turns just sitting in our new to us Mach 1 took lots of pics and crawled around underneth checking out the extent of rust repairs we have to do.

Looks like no engine on it?

This after noon I primed the hinges and installed the door back on the car.
Looking good!!! I'm jealous of those of you who can do body work.

Looking good Mike!
Thanks Jim.

Thanks Travis. To be honest my brother is the body man. I'm just getting the car ready for the real body work to began.:cool:

I'm jealous of you guys that still have good weather to do this in!
It was a perfect 70 degrees today.:D

Today I pulled my original drivers door out of the shed. Well I thought the door was damn near perfect. Well it's not. Once I started messing with it I found some rust in the very bottom of the door.:mad: So tomorrow I will break out the sand blaster and see how big I can make the rust hole.:dodgy:

door 017.jpg

door 018.jpg

door 019.jpg

Sunday night I drove the car from the show straight to my friend's shop and we finally started the AOD conversion.

The FMX came out yesterday, the AOD is going in today. Seems so far that everything is gonna fit.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Sunday night I drove the car from the show straight to my friend's shop and we finally started the AOD conversion.

The FMX came out yesterday, the AOD is going in today. Seems so far that everything is gonna fit.

Mike,

Can you post details when your done? What gear combo, what mods you needed to make, what headers your running, did you get the stock shifter to work, did you have to do custom trans lines? I'm planning on doing the same and trying to collect as much info as I can.

Thanks Jim

Mike,

Can you post details when your done? What gear combo, what mods you needed to make, what headers your running, did you get the stock shifter to work, did you have to do custom trans lines? I'm planning on doing the same and trying to collect as much info as I can.

Thanks Jim

Back