What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry is a friend and half the time he hasn't charged me anything and has let me bring in parts etc. Since the engine failed, I've found that much of what his guys did wasn't done right. I'm mostly upset to learn he doesn't keep an eye on what is going on.

I don't know if my "catch" is going to be enough on this one, I am hopeful it will be okay, but gear wear may or may not become an issue.

PS if anyone thinks shop monkeys is racial, it isn't-these "mechanics" are not minorities, they just aren't up to human intelligence levels
I agree on the lack of closeness between the shop boss and his monkeys or minions via determines the level of quality assurance. In my case when the shop portrays experience through the awards of excellance and photos of race cars that were worked on and signed by the drivers w/words ie, atta boys and you just get your car back which falls apart as soon as you drive it away which the shop mgr tells you its all in order and it costs you 20x what they charged to repair what they caused and in fact you are not only what they charged but also get stuck w/even more cost ending up taking it somewhere else because the work warranted by them to fix it you get it back after it sitting at their place and then they tell you it is a mystery to what caused the problem and ends up life is too short to spend it in litigations to who knows if the judge will finally swing your(ie - swing like another monkey). This might sound facitious but @ best thing I can do is to present every bit of documented evidence to the state BBB. Further- see my p8 n 9 of my photo album.

Mezapu-you may know this but if the intake is taller, you can have the carb pad milled down a bit to get the height to match up.
The carbs mounting flange is only about 3/8" tall. Not much room to work with. It will probably be the very last thing bolted on so I'll evaluate it at the time. May end up going with the 4v version of the X-Cellerator as (oddly enough) it is actually shorter than the 2v X-Cellerator intake.

Wired up the stereo, mounted two 2 1/2" speakers under the dash and two 5" speakers in the rear quarters. I didn't feel bad about cutting up the panels because they were so far gone anyway (I also carpeted them so they look better and are a little more durable).

xkvigh.jpg

rmptok.jpg

Installed my LED kit from HiPo Parts. What a difference! Only bummer is when I got the dash back together, I guess I didn't get the speedo cable seated properly, so now that's not working. D'oh!

Picked it up from the shop after over 11mths. It looks amazing! Tomorrow I plan on outting on new valve covers. But I think I'll be out driving it all day. It needs a long slow drive after sitting for that long. It still runs great which makes me wonder wether or not I want to upgrade the intake and carb... Hm.

It's dark now but I'll post pics of it tomorrow :)

I haven't posted or worked on my Mustang in a while but I finally got some work done today. I (with help from a friend) took the rusty tail light panel out and we'll have the new one in hopefully tomorrow if all goes well. It's so nice to work on it again, I had such good time.

Thanks for looking.

Bought a NOS driver side fender for my 72 vert! What a deal 250.00!!

I haven't posted or worked on my Mustang in a while but I finally got some work done today. I (with help from a friend) took the rusty tail light panel out and we'll have the new one in hopefully tomorrow if all goes well. It's so nice to work on it again, I had such good time.

Thanks for looking.
Progress is sweet, huh J? I too haven't worked on mine in a long time. In fact, I've gotten more done this week than in probably the last 4 or 5 months combined.

Mezapu-you may know this but if the intake is taller, you can have the carb pad milled down a bit to get the height to match up.
The carbs mounting flange is only about 3/8" tall. Not much room to work with. It will probably be the very last thing bolted on so I'll evaluate it at the time. May end up going with the 4v version of the X-Cellerator as (oddly enough) it is actually shorter than the 2v X-Cellerator intake.
Working on my brakes, a conversion from drum to 10.5 inch power disc all around w/braided stainless steel lines. A correction of a job botched up by this greedy auto shop.(primarily trannies but told me does brakes to and to find too late, after the fact that only automatics and what they say they do, they try to do for their greedy side however not experienced as well know what they are doing) So, w/leaking calipers and brake lines damaged as they forced them into place, will not take a chance of even partial functionality) Looks like I'll have to take my alternate 'show' car out to the traditional-local car park today. lol

spent the day out at my brothers and changed out the rear leafs and front springs.. Had plans to do a few other things but I ended up a few pieces short, so on hold until next time..

Difference between old spring and new..

iyke7fM.jpg

Before:

IVAZK59.jpg

After:

N6M6aWK.jpg

mwY2OEL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of thanks goes to f117rt.. gave me some good info on what I needed to get the same look as his car..

spent the day out at my brothers and changed out the rear leafs and front springs.. Had plans to do a few other things but I ended up a few pieces short, so on hold until next time..

Difference between old spring and new..

iyke7fM.jpg

Before:

IVAZK59.jpg

After:

N6M6aWK.jpg

mwY2OEL.jpg
Wow! Looks awesome!

Back