What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced a broken light switch, windshield wiper switch and ignition switch. I replaced the constant voltage regulator in the back of the gauges by a solid state one. Took me and my bro a while to figure out how to remove it!

Phew enough for one day, now gotta do school work!

Installed a rear deck spoiler then went for a ride to my old neighborhood places and took pictures of my project in front of them.

My old grade school, grade school church, high school and the apartment building I lived in back in the day just for starters.::thumb::

Before I can hear music in the Mach1 (will be probably the V8 engine melody), I removed the exaust, was not easy, but remember me my Grandé when I did the same in 2012, to get more clearence to drop the C6, which is the next step.

SAM_7185.JPG

SAM_7186.JPG

Well..deep subject lol. Car shed is full of tools and equipment so put the car on son's basketball court pad with indoor and outdoor car covers and put battery on storage saver. Still want to show my new co-workers my car but tags went dead in September..2014. My luck if caught would get $250 fine.

Alan L

My 73 vert was pulled into the garage. I spun it around on rollers in the driveway and am awaiting my neighbor to come over and help push it back in there.

PS. It's dark and somewhat chilly outside...but the garage is somewhat cleaner.

Working on a better clutch assembly and pad for a better abuse, err....., response About the last thing on this mustang project before putting it on the track.

Fitted a new grant steering wheel to my car. Looks a bit smarter than the rust old wooden thing I had before.

Interior2_zpsn8nl3ocb.jpg

Was nice out. Drove the car to work. Lost the power steering/fan belt on way home. Don't think it got too hot. Light did not come on but lost some antifreeze. Oil still looks good. Replaced belt. PITA. Can't start and try tonight. Too late and neighbors will complain. Will try tomorrow.

Fitted a new grant steering wheel to my car. Looks a bit smarter than the rust old wooden thing I had before.

Interior2_zpsn8nl3ocb.jpg
Looking great. Are those original door panels or repo? I have two cars with white one could use new.

David
They're repo. I got them from Mustang Plus. They look good but the fit it very poor. None of the fittings on the back line up, they're way off and we ended up screwing them in place!

I have been moving cars to satisfy the county ordinance. I had moved 6 with no big issue and got to a 1966 Ranchero parts car, same suspension and drive as Mustang so a parts car, 289. I am using a dolly and as luck would be the right rear brake drum was rusted solid. I heated with torch pounded with hammer and was prying it off little by little. The adjuster was rusted no teeth left. The pry bar slipped and whamo sliced my little finger down the back side to the bone. Blood is pouring out so I get my cell and puppy and head to the house 100 yards away. I had a roll of paper towels so trying to stop the blood. I am not going to the emergency room on a Sunday afternoon and pay $600 for a few stiches. I wash the slash with dish washing liquid and warm water as I bite my lip then with peroxide and put a bandage on. I cannot pull the sides together so I call a friend that is a pediatrician and she comes over with more bandages. So she says it needs stiches but she has no sutures so she pulls it together and puts some butterfly bandages on and now this morning it hurts for sure.

So no moving for a few days had got down to the last three. This sucks for sure going to wear welding gloves when I go back to the brake drum. Will move easier ones first.

David

Registered my car today so I can officially legally drive it for the first time after owning for nine years, got it running and driving last month

Sent from my BLU STUDIO X using Tapatalk

Registered my car today so I can officially legally drive it for the first time after owning for nine years, got it running and driving last month

Sent from my BLU STUDIO X using Tapatalk
That's a huge milestone, congratulations!

Man that sucks David, smashed and cut is a horrible combination! I've stitched myself up a few times and I've tried the butterfly bandages on fingers with very little success. Please keep an eye out for any signs of infection.

I smashed my left middle finger between a wheel and a disc brake a couple of years ago and it looked like an over microwaved hot dog at the end. Scrubbed and cleaned it as much as I could stand and kept it covered in antibiotic ointment and multiple band aids changed 3-4 times a day for the first week and twice a day until it was scarred over. I now have a little 1/4 inch long scar across the pad that has slightly diminished feeling. It looks great and even I can't see it without reading glasses.

I hope you will have a good outcome and the pain will subside quickly. You can soak a cut off glove finger and put it in the freezer for a easy way to ice it until the swelling has subsided, it hurts at first, but once it gets cold enough it just goes numb.

Pulled the dash back out to put in an insulation retainer on the firewall. Lucky for me I discovered that I had not connected the blower ground during assembly.

Yesterday and today I pulled out the dash pad, center cluster, and cluster. I wired a new center speaker, fixed my dash lights, replaced my speedo cable, replaced my headlights with halogens (with adapter from Rocketman), cleaned up my wiring, and then put it all back together. I happy to report everything is working great.

The wife came and spent time with my by holding the light and getting tools. She was a good sport because I cussed a LOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back