What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though it was barely over 30 degrees F. here this weekend, I removed the exhaust and then the transmission (T5). Put a washer under the pivot bolt to get the throwout bearing closer to the pressure plate. Also changed the bushing and seal in the tailshaft housing. Next day I removed and disassembled the center console getting it ready to paint. Even though I had cleaned it, it just sticks out like a sore thumb with all the new or reconditioned interior.

Plan is to get the console back in and then the transmission. Following that I will be removing the fuel tank to install a new front support that I didn't know existed (NPD) until I found it mentioned on this site. Yay 7173mustangs.com! :thankyouyellow:

Going to try v-band clamps where the mufflers and tail pipes come together.
Just had the rear seal replaced(little leak) with upgrading the clutch to an 11" disc and the Ram performance clutch, 'HD'(heavy duty) to give it the edge to hand from 300-550ft lbs torque.However, just a little late to take her up to Watkins to watch the kwik fuel races. Next step is to repair the stock console and reinsert new inner door panels.

Even though it was barely over 30 degrees F. here this weekend, I removed the exhaust and then the transmission (T5). Put a washer under the pivot bolt to get the throwout bearing closer to the pressure plate. Also changed the bushing and seal in the tailshaft housing. Next day I removed and disassembled the center console getting it ready to paint. Even though I had cleaned it, it just sticks out like a sore thumb with all the new or reconditioned interior.

Plan is to get the console back in and then the transmission. Following that I will be removing the fuel tank to install a new front support that I didn't know existed (NPD) until I found it mentioned on this site. Yay 7173mustangs.com! :thankyouyellow:

Going to try v-band clamps where the mufflers and tail pipes come together.
Just had the rear seal replaced(little leak) with upgrading the clutch to an 11" disc and the Ram performance clutch, 'HD'(heavy duty) to give it the edge to hand from 300-550ft lbs torque.However, just a little late to take her up to Watkins to watch the kwik fuel races. Next step is to repair the stock console and reinsert new inner door panels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished my front suspension, and had new tires and cragar ss rims put on now off for an alignment

20160414_180443.jpg

Got my fmx back from my neighbour who rebuilt it. Some paint and ready for assembly. Waiting crank rear seal from rock auto...

DSC_2192.JPG

One small project I have had on the back burner finally got done. I installed a VDO voltmeter in place of the ammeter. I removed the lens from the vloltmeter and reworked the bezel to match up as best I could. I upgraded my lighting with blue led's. I still have incandescent bulbs in the turn signals as the led's would not flash. I also installed a 10Krpm tach with recall, and a shift light. I worked it into the housing and cut the original lens.

I painted the panel on top of the dash a flat black to reduce windshield glare while it was all apart. Came out good. My dashpad is a reproduction, and a only so so one at that. I'm thinking of getting it covered in actual stitched leather at some point-but that might never happen. LOL

Sorry for the crappy pictures

sc9v9l.jpg

r5vs.jpg

vymnwp.jpg

b7e8id.jpg

w7if6o.jpg

The trim ring around the voltmeter actually looks much better than the photo, it still has all the black around the bright strip, it just is washed out in the photo.

I didn't get a picture of the shift light mounted up above the left side vent, but I'll add that tonight if I don't forget

I am still working on the stable for the mustangs. Don't have time for the car right now. Lots of phone time and emails and then a meeting with the building installer. Will cut the order for the garage next week and looks like about 10 weeks to see something going up. The butt hole neighbor is still complaining about two more cars that he can see. Wants them moved even though I am building a garage. So to give him more grief I am moving the garage as close to his property as I can and put the compressor on that side. He will never be able to sell the land, lol. Never knew that building a garage was such a pain.

David

Nice job on that tach! Any photos from the back? Just curious.

This was my amps to volts conversion:

20.jpg

How-to

Got the transmission, exhaust and fuel tank back in mine. Drove it for the first time this year.
So many new things to see, looking great.

David

I didn't take any photos from the back- if you can picture the back of a cluster, mine just has a hole cut in it that cradles the back of the tach. Under the front edge I drilled two holes and ran a couple of self tapping screws through the cluster into the bezel to keep it from rotating. I could not get the tach bezel to fit perfectly, but it was close enough for a hot rod.

Here are a few more pictures. I need to buff out the lens on the voltmeter

21flj.jpg

s24s60.jpg

2iu27o5.jpg

Ordered two oxy sensors, the two months old one can't make up its mind what's going on. Goes from.1-.8 and back again in a millisecond and on and on .

Hope they show up today.

20160422_205735-800x450.jpg

Finally dove into removing the undercoating and stripping everything to bare metal from the firewall forward. Hope to get it at least 75% done this weekend (would be 100% but I need more MBX / crud buster wheels to get the rest of the undercoating off)

Back