What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lake, you wouldn't mind telling us what you used to clean it would you? it came out great, thanks.
pressure washer, wurth pineline metalwash (dont know if you guys have it available) and drilling machine with wire brush.

Lake, you wouldn't mind telling us what you used to clean it would you? it came out great, thanks.
pressure washer, wurth pineline metalwash (dont know if you guys have it available) and drilling machine with wire brush.
http://www.pineline.fi/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/270-PDS-Pineline-Metallic_Cleaner_ENG_010612.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked on my new front suspension install. I had to stop because the coil spring compressor I rented out didn't work for installing the new ones. It worked great for taking the old ones out but not for installing the new ones. I need to get this done because I just ordered some new cragar ss rims with 255_60 15 and 205 65 15 bfgs to get put on along with a new alignment. The weather is finally getting nice I need to get this done so I can get it out for its first ride for the year.

Getting ready for St. Augustine MCA show in 2 weeks. Man, it takes a long time to clean a car. Had a friend over yesterday who is my mustang guru and we spent 5 hours going over the car against the rules. He had great feedback and I have a list of stuff still to do. Really want to make this a great first showing of the car. Things may not go as hoped, but we all know there is always room for improvement.

Couple shots. Noticing 2 things missing????? They better get done by my painter who has had them 3 weeks. ARGH!!!!!!!

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

I had a really bad day. Got the 73 vert back to where the dash was in and all wiring plugged in. Got the MSD all wired and charged the battery and put in and hooked up. NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORKED! No lights, nothing. Going to drink and sleep on it tonight I did something totally wrong somewhere. I hate wiring give me mechanical. So much for driving to swap meet on Thursday it has sat for 25 years.

David

I had a really bad day. Got the 73 vert back to where the dash was in and all wiring plugged in. Got the MSD all wired and charged the battery and put in and hooked up. NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORKED! No lights, nothing. Going to drink and sleep on it tonight I did something totally wrong somewhere. I hate wiring give me mechanical. So much for driving to swap meet on Thursday it has sat for 25 years.

David
Prob something simple. A missed plug or disconnected wire?

David
Prob something simple. A missed plug or disconnected wire?
I know the problem already!!! You drank after you were done. That needs to be done during the install!! ::beer::

Im sure you will figure it out.... good luck::thumb::

I finally got my new Blue Thunder intake on. Install went pretty good, just had to re stab distributor. The front of the intake is so tall, I had to move distributor about 2-3 teeth. I couldn't get the cap on because one of the hold down straps was hitting the intake.

I also noticed that the PO had installed two oil deflectors w/the tabs facing the wrong way. Turned those around, so should be good to go.

I'm thinking while I have stuff apart I might as well install new plugs, wires & I have a new distributor cap to on too. It never ends, the fun I mean! Here are a couple pics of the BT intake.

View attachment 38528

IMG_1201[1].JPG

Got wheels ready
OMFG - those are SO sexy!! ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

-----

BK - that thing is GORGEOUS!!! Lovin' the Sport Covers! ::thumb::

-----

OK, my news. Texas DMV in Abilene put all my paperwork in the mail on Monday, so I should have it this afternoon. Then I just have to go back to the local DMV and get it registered... finally!

Also got an e-mail from Summit Racing informing me that my 15x10 Cragar S/Ss with 5.5" custom backspacing shipped, and should be here tomorrow evening!

So basically, I need to take a long lunch to get the registration taken care of and get my chores done before the weekend so I can swap out the rims, adjust the AOD's TV cable (shifting a bit early at low speeds), and maybe take it for a spin. I'm thinking a trip to Sonic with the wife might be first order of business. :D

Got the hood painted both sides, sanded the black out area (partial) and now I will tape out the all important and correct ram air black out for painting... I took about 50 pictures of my old set up for reference purposes...

Hood top of painted - No black yet2 (2).jpg

I was quickly backing into the driveway in the '15 Stang today, looked into the camera and thought "somebody has a badass ca... Oh wait... [emoji48]"

I love my cars.
692be785bc971bd662c4ae2ecd52310c.jpg
6414b289b99e33fd6d299edb3c93ff61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Masking the hood for final black out paint. Also picked/confirmed a nice sheen of black paint that will closely match the original factory paint and allow some future wax to touch it...

Hood - Final blackout paint masking.jpg

My paperwork and rims both showed up on Wednesday afternoon - but the wife bought me the new Star Wars Blu-Ray yesterday.

The plan is to pull the rears tomorrow, take them and the new rims to Discount Tire for the ol' swapparoo, then toss 'em back on once I get home. If things are favorable, I might swap the rear shackles as well - we'll hafta see about that, though... being in the driveway, and all.

I should have some "before and after" pics of the difference between 4.25" backspacing, and 5.5" backspacing on my 15x10 Cragars to share tomorrow evening - stay tuned.

The boss has already authorized a long lunch sometime next week to get my paperwork squared away with the local DMV, so we should be road-legal by next weekend.

Back