What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys 

Had a beer ::beer:: , fitted 3 point seat belts, had another beer ::beer:: , fitted CB...had another beer ::beer:: then tuned the CB antenna SWR to perfection and got a CB'r 9 miles away on a rig check, had another beer ::beer::  ...then polished the wheels,... cos I wasn't fit for doing much else  - then had another ...you guess ::beer::

Nice....

Hi guys 

Had a beer ::beer:: , fitted 3 point seat belts, had another beer ::beer:: , fitted CB...had another beer ::beer:: then tuned the CB antenna SWR to perfection and got a CB'r 9 miles away on a rig check, had another beer ::beer::  ...then polished the wheels,... cos I wasn't fit for doing much else  - then had another ...you guess ::beer::

i'm glad you enjoyed your beer-sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Nice....

So after fitting the gear stick with pubes...  :-/  I now turned to the electrics, specifically with hidden LED footwell illumination  ...now it's a Brothel.

the new switch on the left will turn on all the interior lights when doors closed -- the one on the right switches the antenna from Radio to CB 

this switch pair is brand new, though intended for a 1970's Peterbilt Truck -- I chose these because they look like they always belonged - they are on a steel bezel with a grained rugged black paint.

Now you need those little projector things for your doors that show a Mustang logo on the ground as you get in and out:)

That would be too tacky even for me  ::thumb::

Finally won the kickdown rod return spring battle today.  I have an old actual "Barry Grant" Demon carburetor (before they got bought out).  After buying every bit of bracketry now made by Demon/Holley I finally gave up and got out the hacksaw and file.  Some silver solder, 1/8" stainless sheet, 3/8" stainless steel tube and a couple long 1/4-20 bolts and I was in business.  The red arrow is pointing at the handy-work.

Also swapped valve covers, I thought I'd like these black ones more than I do.  

Finally won the kickdown rod return spring battle today.  I have an old actual "Barry Grant" Demon carburetor (before they got bought out).  After buying every bit of bracketry now made by Demon/Holley I finally gave up and got out the hacksaw and file.  Some silver solder, 1/8" stainless sheet, 3/8" stainless steel tube and a couple long 1/4-20 bolts and I was in business.  The red arrow is pointing at the handy-work.

Also swapped valve covers, I thought I'd like these black ones more than I do.  

Nicely done...not surprised   ::thumb::

Leaf springs replaced and painted the Spring plates red! That gave her big phat booty almost a full 1” lift
fa9b7e0fdf9168658c53f8456a9dbb2f.jpg
531aee7092561b763adb09afce4789e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made this for connecting to my new radio when I install it. Gives the lighter bezel something to do and looks stock when not in use. Now I just have to figure out how to actually install it in the dash :chin:

Hi, Where I can buy that  ? ? ?
Yeah, I want one of those too!
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Changed the disproportionate fake twin quad look for the more acceptable single 14" dish ...Ok I can't pick up HBO anymore :chin: .,... but who cares   ::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the repairs to the frame on my '07 Silverado and three coats of Rust Bullet. Tomorrow night is putting the rear brake lines and hoses in and laying the wiring back in place, then we'll see if I can bleed the ABS unit out or if it'll require a pressure bleeding.

I have an 08 Silverado that I gave to my son and really need to do some rust treatments to it as well, it was a northern truck transplanted here in the south. Just fought the rust this weekend on it, the fuel pump metal fitting coming off the pump had a rust hole in it that I found this weekend, had to change the whole pump. Also changed out the front right upper control arm and ball joint, those bolts were rusted tight as well. Good luck Hemi, its looking great.

On my 73 mach, I have a spare drivers door that is in great condition except for a hammer size dent that a neighbor kid put in by accident. Spent time today with a stud welder and dent puller. Got the crease mostly out and will give it another go in the next few days.

Tom

Work in progress at my friends shop.

12448e001a8e30165a8e6610c8e99041.jpg
bcbd1a51a7c5885937e7edd792b9590f.jpg
e29cbdeadb9b3b23e4faeca48fff6ad3.jpg
f1e30890fff3602acdbc3271f7feaa99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back