What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Primed the oil pump on my personally rebuilted 351C 2v and was extremely happy with oil coming out of each rocker within about 30 seconds. Set the timing mark to 10 degrees BTC as I saw recommended bt Hemikiller in another thread. Set the distibutor at the number 1 spark plug and called it a day. Waiting on my new coil and some other brackets for accessories and hopefully will be starting it this upcoming week.  I have an engine cart and will be going through the break-in process before I install the engine. Wish me luck, will be around 20 years since she had had an engine in her.

Tom

20200626_195417.jpg

Hi Tom,

Dont believe you will need luck. You are where your at on this 351c  because of "YOUR" skills. Looks good!  Make that baby breath fire 🙂

Thanks brother, I appreciate that. For everything that I have done to this engine and car, I have checked the specs and then rechecked them to verify, I think I am good, its just been a long time since I have built one so its got me anxious to fire her up.

Next is to finish welding in the mount that hold the fuel tank in and finish the welds on the trunk drop offs, after that, I will be sending the wiring harness off to Midlife and hopefully later this summer, it will go to paint. Its been a 3 year project, I am so looking forward to driving it this year.

Tom

Sorry I have no pics for this one, but I finally took my car for a nice little drive.  Carb is adjusted pretty well, Power steering replaced, It starts and drives pretty nice now.

Next up:

1) Hassle MO DMV to get my friggin plates!

2) Find and install anti-rattle clips in the drivers window mechanism.

3) Figure out why the inside latch on the passenger door is not opening the door consistently

Drive it, Drive it, Drive it!

kcmash

Sorry I have no pics for this one, but I finally took my car for a nice little drive.  Carb is adjusted pretty well, Power steering replaced, It starts and drives pretty nice now.

Next up:

1) Hassle MO DMV to get my friggin plates!

2) Find and install anti-rattle clips in the drivers window mechanism.

3) Figure out why the inside latch on the passenger door is not opening the door consistently

Drive it, Drive it, Drive it!

kcmash
Glad to see you got it out and it's running ok.   Good luck on your list. I'm just getting mine on the road also.  Feels great!

Took the car out for a spin after adjusting the distributor curve.  Passed a truck coming in the opposite direction in a curve.  He lost some stuff off the back.  Got the front spoiler and the drivers door.  Hope my body man is great at blending in.

Gouge.jpg

Attachments

• Gouge.jpg
    Gouge.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Wasnt this your maiden voyage?? Dag nab it . 

People who dont tie down there loads #$%^&* 

Hopefully the person stopped gave insurance info then went on there La tee Da way.

I see it as good timing. Yesterday a lady was travling through our town on the highway. Board came off the back of a truck went through her windshield and basically decapitated her . Killed he instantly. 

Like I say people that dont tie down there loads #$%^&* 

People who dont tie down there loads #$%^&* 

Hopefully the person stopped gave insurance info then went on there La tee Da way.

I see it as good timing. Yesterday a lady was travling through our town on the highway. Board came off the back of a truck went through her windshield and basically decapitated her . Killed he instantly. 

Like I say people that dont tie down there loads #$%^&* 
It was on a country road  with a y split after the curve where it happened.  I turned around but could not find them.  Might be a good thing that I didn't.  Already spoke to my body guy.    He has some other touch up to do on the car  and  he will take care of it then.   

Jeez, that really sucks! People are idiots on the roads these days. I got ran off the road again the other day. Some fn moron crossed the line and was coming right at me. He or she, swerved back over at the last second, but it would have been to late, was a good thing I was paying attention. I had to go off the road a bit to avoid them.

Hopefully your body guy has no problems with fixing it. Glad it wasn’t worse. 

Jeez, that really sucks! People are idiots on the roads these days. I got ran off the road again the other day. Some fn moron crossed the line and was coming right at me. He or she, swerved back over at the last second, but it would have been to late, was a good thing I was paying attention. I had to go off the road a bit to avoid them.
Hopefully your body guy has no problems with fixing it. Glad it wasn’t worse. 
Sorry to hear that!! But yes it's a Globally scale problem. Also in my country people are getting stupid.! Just say in the news about a car didn't look that a truck was passing him on the highway! Which then got stuck in front of him and was killed!

Sendt fra min G8341 med Tapatalk

So today I braved the door excursions.

1) Drivers door, added the anti-rattle clips to the lower track guide.  Tested the motion, put the panel back on, realized my lower stop should be about 1/4 inch higher.  Won't take it off again for a while. Installed the master bezel for the power windows.

2) Opened the passengers door and found the internal door actuator was worn pretty bad.  Put in my spare good one and it works like brand new.

3) So then I decide to figure out the passengers side bezel clips.  I cannot figure out what is supposed to retain the clips.  They make no sense to me.  So I tried a Velcro remedy, Pics of the whole mess below as soon as I get them off my phone.

Drove it around the block.

kcmash

Last edited by a moderator:
Brought my Stang from up north down to her new home. My kids beg me for rides everyday, which I'm ok with. 😉 

Mustang Garage.jpg

Actually convinced the wife to go for a ride last night. 

We went to Sonic for some root beer floats & corn dogs, then took some of the same over to my Mom's place.  Pulled up to her place right about sunset, then remembered that I still need to aim the headlights and discovered one of the LEDs in the speedometer needs a reseat as well.  Driving along with all the lights on and noticing the voltmeter's reading just about 12.5V says everything seems to be working OK, but when the RPMs drop back to idle, it seems to struggle for juice.  Might be time for a newer, high-output 1-wire alternator, along with the H4 headlights and headlight relay circuit installation.  It sucks kind of having to 'feel my way home in the dark.'  Fortunately, there was hardly any traffic.

Still - had a great time... she seemed to enjoy it as well.

So on July 3 I drove the car on a few errands and it got progressively worse and loaded up some.  She would not idle worth a crap.

At the end of the day it was warm and actually idling in the drive, so I pulled the ai cleaner and adjusted the idle metering jets with a vacuum gage.  It immediately idled better, but it was time to put her away for the day.

Today, I uncovered her and just went for a drive.  The fast idle didn't really catch at first, but after I started driving a little it kicked in.  After about 5 minutes of driving, the fast idle kicked out an d she had a perfect idle.  So every stoplight and stop sign was a matter of my clutch skills.  Anyway, here is the cool part!  I decided to take her up on the interstate for the first time!  70 MPH at 2000RPM in  4th and she rode real smooth!

I Still want to add a little camber to it so it feels more stable, but I am thrilled with this maiden voyage on the highway!

kcmash

Ordered  New front Left and Right floor pans and Billet aluminium Power steering Pulley and Bracket via ebay.

Ordered New ROOF Drip rails from CJ Pony. 

Ordered New Black Carpet from Rock Auto.

Should be about 6 to 8 weeks before I get it all, as its going into a container in Torrance CA before being shipped to UK

So I can't see the car being on the road this year 😞

Not today, but over the weekend I got all the brakes done in it. new rotors, drums, calipers, wheel cylinders, and pads/shoes. Its all bled and the brake light went off so Im pretty stoked that I can cross that off the list. Also went through some troubleshooting with the EFI setup and I think I finally have the problem I was having figured out. 

Back