What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mustang kicked back on the weekend, was cutting out a rusty bit of floor pan and moved my safety goggles for a quick looksee, spark scratched my eye!

Its OK, no hospital needed just a small scratch but its very sore so am using some antibiotic eye drops every couple of hours.

Stay safe folks! mules bite

Last edited by a moderator:
Mustang kicked back on the weekend, was cutting out a rusty bit of floor pan and moved my safety goggles for a quick looksee, spark scratched my eye!

Its OK, no hospital needed just a small scratch but its very sore so am using some antibiotic eye drops every couple of hours.

Stay safe folks!  mules bite

That sucks!!!! I have done that many of times. Just in the last 2 years i have been to the eye Dr. 3 times to get metal out of my eye.  I wear glasses and a shield alot of times and still manage to get metal in my eyes. 

If it persists, i would go get it checked. Being it is hot when it hits your eye, alot of times it melts into your eye and the dr has to grind it out.  Its not fun. They numb the eye, strap your head still in a weird device and have you look straight ahead while they take a tiny grinder to the hunk of grit or metal. If you dont get it out, your eye will heal over it and trap it in your eye. I was told your eye is one of the fastest healing parts of the body. 

Good luck.... I know it sucks!

Caught a piece of melted plastic from a shorting wire right on my eyeball once.

No fun at all.

Mike

I Did put a magnet over my eye to see if it would pick up anything, but the eye looks clean using a magnifying glass and a mirror. 

Its feeling better this afternoon.
I wound up in the ER. They had to pull or scrape the plastic off. Had to wear a patch for a couple of weeks.

I Did put a magnet over my eye to see if it would pick up anything, but the eye looks clean using a magnifying glass and a mirror. 

Yep I seem to get the crap in my eyes not matter what. I wear glasses and I use a full face shield when grinding. I put a mirror in my work room and the first aid box is on the other side with eye wash always there. I had my eye cut a couple times, one was a finger in the eye playing basketball and the other was a tree limb when pruning the apple trees. Wearing an eye patch you have no depth perception and that sucks.

Doh!

Eye protection good.  I too have made my optometrists day interesting.   Gotta wonder if they ever get tired of asking “Which is better 1 or 2 .... 3 or 4” during eye exams?

My eye doc was giddy with the prospect of breaking up his day to swab glass bead out of my eyes.  Now when I bead blast I keep the respirator and goggles on until I get in the shower and rinse off.  Sure I look like Walt from Breaking Bad walking from the garage to the house in dirty PPE- but I don’t want to repeat the glass in my eyes experience.

I wound up in the ER. They had to pull or scrape the plastic off. Had to wear a patch for a couple of weeks.
Ouch!

Ouch indeed, but I printed and taped together all the 72 wiring schematic pages end to end (ugly) and traced circuits trying to figure how the interior lights, headlamp light switch dimmer, key buzzer, and door switches relate cause they didn't work. I also found the voltage regular connector has seen better days. Ordered up!

https://ibb.co/rv0Y3GQ
B56-F5-A82-A0-EA-498-A-8-F47-C16-FC0-EA69-F0.jpg
[/URL]
21373-B87-7-E1-B-4-D80-A756-45-EBEA6-FCEF8.jpg
    I cleaned the white letters on the BFG,s on my 73 convertible. Used bleach white and a cloth. It's time consuming  but  right now that sort of stuff  keeps me  busy.

Started looking into the engine from the '65. The PO said he had pulled a head because he "didn't trust the work" of the rebuilder. Well, the clown had no idea how to adjust the valves on this engine and just ran the nuts down all the way. Ended up with three bent pushrods. Hopefully none of the valves are bent. Correctly adjusted valve on the second from the left, incorrectly done the right two.

Tried to make good some holes in an old aluminium Mustang roof drip rail,

Watched the youtube videos on Aluminium welding, Check.

Ordered thin Aluminum welding rods supposedly able to fill a hole in a thin coke can.

Ordered some powder aluminium welding flux to aid flow.

Cleaned trim thoroughly but no matter how many times I tried the trim kept oxidising as soon as I put the blow lamp on it and aluminium beaded and rolled off the trim.

Having spent a few hours getting various dents out of the trim I was gutted when the trim started distorting and holes started appearing in it due to being heated and cleaned time and time again.

so now I need a replacement roof rail :(

Can't win em all :(

49894199171_cb3ce639f2.jpg

49894510007_6261735df6.jpg

Bought a complete replacement drivers door today on eBay UK!  Its from a 71,  Now bear in mind these bits are hard to find in the UK, and my car left the factory  Wimbledon White with a red interior, the replacement door is white with a red door card!  What are the chances of that!  Its a bit rusty at the bottom but a bit of acid treatment should sort that out.  Door comes with Glass and door handle too!  ::thumb::

Tried to make good some holes in an old aluminium Mustang roof drip rail,

Watched the youtube videos on Aluminium welding, Check.

Ordered thin Aluminum welding rods supposedly able to fill a hole in a thin coke can.

Ordered some powder aluminium welding flux to aid flow.

Cleaned trim thoroughly but no matter how many times I tried the trim kept oxidising as soon as I put the blow lamp on it and aluminium beaded and rolled off the trim.

Having spent a few hours getting various dents out of the trim I was gutted when the trim started distorting and holes started appearing in it due to being heated and cleaned time and time again.

so now I need a replacement roof rail :(

Can't win em all :(

49894199171_cb3ce639f2.jpg

49894510007_6261735df6.jpg
I believe Don at Ohio Mustang has some of those. He emailed me a picture of a large stack of them. If Not Mike at Motorcity mustang. Both are vendors on the forum.

Had the old snowball effect hit me on Tuesday.  I'm within a week of finishing the car and decided to fix a header leak I've been putting off.  While removing the header I happen to notice a wet spot on the intake.  After investigating I discovered that the intake gasket is leaking.  So off comes the manifold.  Leaking for a while and ate a little depression in the manifold.  Filled in with some JB Weld.  Actually a blessing in disguise.  Forgot that the distributor gear is brass and the mustang gods were looking over me.  As picture shows it was just about to go.  While I was this far into it I decided to pull the radiator and get it re-core.  Was going to do it several years ago but was hoarding my cash.  Figured since the virus I have saved a ton by not going out to eat and other things we haven't been doing so I go ahead and get it done. So all parts are on order and should have in the next few days.  So today I cleaned up a few things and painted the fan blade.

Filled in with JB Weld

Teeth are extremely worn. Lucky I caught it.

Fresh coat of paint and a little elbow grease.

Put in a new glove box liner and accessory fuse box. This will be for my dash cam, backup cam and the radio. My car came with a old style looking bluetooth audidounds radio that the prior owner had just jumped from a glass fuse so I have that on this block also. When I put in a console I may run a hot wire there for a future something.

yes

Put in a new glove box liner and accessory fuse box.  This will be for my dash cam, backup cam and the radio.  My car came with a old style looking bluetooth audidounds radio that the prior owner had just jumped from a glass fuse so I have that on this block also.  When I put in a console I may run a hot wire there for a future something.

yes
 Good idea.  Where did you get the power from - straight off the battery or from the main feed to the cars fuse box.

Back