What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When cruising with some friends. One of them has a 2013 Mustang with headers, intake and other mods. He claims about 425 at the wheels. I was right there on his tail at full power. At about 80 mph is when he started pulling away ever so slowly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

When cruising with some friends. One of them has a 2013 Mustang with headers, intake and other mods. He claims about 425 at the wheels. I was right there on his tail at full power. At about 80 mph is when he started pulling away ever so slowly.

For many car guys, the wish is usually the father of the thought when indicating the horsepower at the wheels. :whistling:

Cheers Frank

Waiting on my new timing light to arrive, so did one of my planned side projects. Added a rear camera-rear view mirror. It can split screen front and back, or just do back, or just do front. Can be tied into reverse lights also. Can record HD video to the 132GB Micro SD Card. Has GPS based vehicle speed. A security feature that starts recording if the car is rocked or bumped also. I really like it. Was about $100 on Amazon if I remember right. I can get the info if anyone is interested.

Off

On

Wire down from headliner

Rear location. Went out the same hole as the license plate light. No drilling.

Yes Please!  I'm tired of my Pyle Audio monitor - it's too big and clunky.  This looks a LOT nicer!

Oh, and took the Mustang out for spin and safety inspection yesterday.  Passed, of course, and got the attention of some retired Sheriff's Deputies at my favorite local car wash (went by to see how long they were open to get the wife's car done).  "Accidentally" did a little burn-out leaving the place - the owner later told me his friends he was talking to when I went by were retired Deputies and they thought it was pretty cool, actually.  Must've been OK, since nobody tracked me down to talk about it.  LOL!
Sorry for the delay. Here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WVXLSFR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And you will want this.

https://www.amazon.com/Hardwire-Dashcam-Plozoe-Installation-Tool%EF%BC%8811-5ft%EF%BC%89/dp/B07FXJD8W1/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/139-4324421-8592447?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07FXJD8W1&pd_rd_r=61a6499b-9fca-4bb9-93cf-1a586092a168&pd_rd_w=YNjpd&pd_rd_wg=LMd6r&pf_rd_p=7a6bc5c0-cfeb-4154-b2f9-fb32e87e9c63&pf_rd_r=YXZB8BP0ANPHSHCX63AN&psc=1&refRID=YXZB8BP0ANPHSHCX63AN

And this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWZWYVP/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony why didn't you hit the GO   button    :p

When I redid my suspension I didn't replace the sway bar bushings. I don't know if my sway bar is stock or not but I had to take measurements and order the proper universal urethane bushings and links. I also replaced the top bushing of the the shackle with urethane ones. I left the bottom one rubber.

Went on a much needed drive and “date” with the wife. Also, got this picture from a show last year. May be my favorite picture of my car.

c40ecc98c63388205a3d846d6ef7591d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went on a much needed drive and “date” with the wife. Also, got this picture from a show last year. May be my favorite picture of my car.

c40ecc98c63388205a3d846d6ef7591d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a sweet picture

Took the mustang to the 4th annual mustang invasion today. Was in Oskaloosa IA. About 225 miles round trip. Car ran great. About 90 of us from this part of the state met up and cruised there together. Ended up with over 300 mustangs there. There were two other 73’s there. A Mach and a convertible, so with my coupe we had all three body styles represented for 73.

I did 3 things today. 

I watched my parts pile get bigger because when it's over 100 outside, I hate working in the garage. 

Inside in the A/C, I hogged out the guts of my 8 Track player that was inop. Probably took 7 pounds out of it. Those things are insanely heavy. It will sit in my dash hollowed out but with my Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon 8 Track in it just for show. The real stereo controlled by bluetooth on my phone will be in the glovebox. 

I put on my new 7173mustangs.com sticker. 

Lazy Sunday, but oh well. 

20200614_174907.jpg

20200614_174719.jpg

20200614_174743.jpg

Edelbrock Air Gap Intake. I didn't ever have the stock ram air set up. I just took the plugs out of the hood and then added stainless steel wire mesh.
Curious if you have a pic of how it looks. Ive been tempted to just pull out the plugs too.

I took out the cluster and replaced the bulbs with LED's since it was fairly dim. And also took the time to give the lense a quick polish. 

Primed the oil pump on my personally rebuilted 351C 2v and was extremely happy with oil coming out of each rocker within about 30 seconds. Set the timing mark to 10 degrees BTC as I saw recommended bt Hemikiller in another thread. Set the distibutor at the number 1 spark plug and called it a day. Waiting on my new coil and some other brackets for accessories and hopefully will be starting it this upcoming week.  I have an engine cart and will be going through the break-in process before I install the engine. Wish me luck, will be around 20 years since she had had an engine in her.

Tom

20200626_195417.jpg

Back