What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loaded the Mach 1 on a trailer and took it to the tranny shop. For the second time, the front pump bearing welded to the torque converter. The guy that rebuilt it isn't standing behind it and I decided I wanted someone that knew what they were doing to fix it this time anyway. 2 times in 150 miles is inexcusable. No more friend of friends working on my cars for me.

Steve
Dang! That is inexcusable! Best of luchat the new shop.

The poor officer showed up from DMV today and unfortunately he's addmittedly a newbie. Very nice and helpfull and said we'll learn this together and ran all the numbers on both cars and said we'll get it done 1 way or another. I just know there are some senior officers laughing about this one. Will keep you posted.

Wahoo got my March serpentine system on and aligned and my distributor in and plug wires installed :D
Hey T, what is the engine in this photo?
Mine is a 351C stroked to 408, for more specs click on my money pit.
So the March serpentine system has everything for the 351C? I may have to look at them again.

Had some helpers today, Kalob and Peyton. We really enjoyed it! Hope I didn't break any child labor laws.
I hope you gave them at least minimum wages, one pack of M&M's per hour.

Just bumping the thread so I can read what was written yesterday. BTW, this is my favorite thread of the day. I read it every day.

Wahoo got my March serpentine system on and aligned and my distributor in and plug wires installed :D

Owwww, I just priced that kit and its over $1800. You must have deep pockets or no wife. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bumping the thread so I can read what was written yesterday. BTW, this is my favorite thread of the day. I read it every day.

Owwww, I just priced that kit and its over $1800. You must have deep pockets or no wife. LOL
Wow the price is coming down, figures:mad:

Took my Ram Air Filter to have it powder coated (antique black & silver vein with clear coat)the same as the tanks on my 07 GT (one pictured) and the top of it black with clear coat since the car is already moded lol

100_0326.jpg

Created a couple of monsters yesterday when I let my grandkids sand on the car yesterday. Today I had to keep explaining that "SPARKS" were not "COOL!!!" Nothing we can't fix though and enjoyed the #### out of it actually.

Started Cleaning up the vert top framing.

This will keep me busy for a week.

I figure it will be done and i can put it way until the body work is complete.

Took my Ram Air Filter to have it powder coated (antique black & silver vein with clear coat)the same as the tanks on my 07 GT (one pictured) and the top of it black with clear coat since the car is already moded lol

100_0326.jpg
Wow, that hammered look looks good.

Pulled my carb and installed the new spacer so my ram air will fit. Will list my 1" spacer here later this week. Cleaned the performer intake then pulled my valve covers and cleaned them to get ready to paint them to match the new air filter. Pulled my spark plug wires and plugs, changed the plugs for E3 spark plugs and getting my new wires ready to install with a wire dress up kit. Cleaned all of the black vacuum hoses with tire cleaner to get them ready to armor all. Pulled the oil dipstick to sand and repaint. I will take photos of the engine when I complete the cleanup and painting. Off to Kansas on Sunday for a week of work.

Back