What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Roy,

It is true - the rims make the car! True Tennesse fashion.
It was between those and these

What the heck Roy? Where did you find those?
Parked cop car DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeez!!!! How could you discrace your Mach like that ! Don't ever let those wheels within 100 feet of that mach ever again !

Very nice Roy,

Jeez!!!! How could you discrace your Mach like that ! Don't ever let those wheels within 100 feet of that mach ever again !
LOL Which ones

Drove it. First time since the old engine cracked a block. Maybe two months now but feels like two years :s Probably could use some advice on the proper break in procedure for a new engine. The pictures tell the tale from original find to driving. There are more pictures as soon as I figure out where to put them. Did I mention where I found this engine?

mike

001 (9).jpg

HPIM2917.JPG

HPIM2907 - Copy.JPG

HPIM2957.JPG

Very nice Roy,

MY EYES!! MY EYES!!! :p

Spent tonight cleaning the garage putting up my mess (old brake and fuel lines in rafters, parts on the wall ect.) No fault of the other half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drove it. First time since the old engine cracked a block. Maybe two months now but feels like two years :s Probably could use some advice on the proper break in procedure for a new engine. The pictures tell the tale from original find to driving. There are more pictures as soon as I figure out where to put them. Did I mention where I found this engine?

mike

Looking good. Nice job.

My neighbor saw a 72 Mach 1 just down the street where his wife works and said I should go see it. Turns out the guy is the land owner for that strip mall. Nice guy! After talking for an hour he said take it for a spin. I turned him down 5 times, then the last time he offered I said ok. :D

It's a 72 Q with 4 speed, ram air, fold down seat. Very nice car! Robert (thundertc64) lives very close to where we were so I drove to his house so he could drool too. I invited him to the forum so hopefully we'll see him on here.

Here are a few pics from the adventure...

2lvz7dy.jpg

Me and the awesome car.

30xh7pc.jpg

Robert (thunderc64) checking it out.

bjfgq9.jpg

Drove it. There are more pictures as soon as I figure out where to put them. Did I mention where I found this engine?

mike
It looks super. I will be looking forward to the extra pictures. You found the motor stored at an engine shop I believe.
Actually, the engine found me. A member of this forum heard of my problem and had this engine in storage. We connected, arranged price and shipping and it was that easy. Been sitting on a pallet wrapped in plastic from the machine shop never fired with specific instructions about the break in process, which we are doing now. We had the engine shipped using freightquote.com and this also went very well.

mike

My neighbor saw a 72 Mach 1 just down the street where his wife works and said I should go see it. Turns out the guy is the land owner for that strip mall. Nice guy! After talking for an hour he said take it for a spin. I turned him down 5 times, then the last time he offered I said ok. :D

It's a 72 Q with 4 speed, ram air, fold down seat. Very nice car! Robert (thundertc64) lives very close to where we were so I drove to his house so he could drool too. I invited him to the forum so hopefully we'll see him on here.

2lvz7dy.jpg

Me and the awesome car.

30xh7pc.jpg

Robert (thunderc64) checking it out.

bjfgq9.jpg
Well how did it drive. love that 3 spoke wheel. nice car.

2lvz7dy.jpg

Me and the awesome car.
Totally awesome!!! I'm still smiling from the ride! It makes me want to throw a battery on my M-code and drive it despite all the rust. :p

2lvz7dy.jpg

Me and the awesome car.
Totally awesome!!! I'm still smiling from the ride! It makes me want to throw a battery on my M-code and drive it despite all the rust. :p
You should put a battery in it and drive it. My Mach 1 sat in my back yard for years. Once twice a year I would fire it up and take a little ride.

Started and made significant progress in pulling the C6 out of the 73. The torque converter has been clanging (on deceleration) for a number of years. This year it got very loud. Sounds like the impeller vanes are hitting each other. Biggest PIA is the exhaust system...will not come apart since the clamps pretty much mold the dual exhaust aluminized piping together. Sawzall blade on straight section just behind the convertible plate did the job. I'll use a splice when done to get it down to the shop to weld the cuts.

Tomorrow - remove torque converter nuts from flywheel, bellhousing from engine -- pull it back and drop her down. I have a buddy who does vintage transmissions in his spare time (who originally rebuilt this one back in '95) who is going to take it apart and refresh anything requiring it. The C6 reverse clunk has gotten more noticeable lately.

I have a slightly used NOS CJ Torque converter (the trans guy sold it to me in '95 for $50 and I used it for 4 yrs before changing back to the original stock one - 'cause I changed rear end gearing from 3.25 to 2.79 for a drive to Nashville in 2004) and a fresh 3.25 Trac Lok ready to go back in.

In the meantime, its dismantle time since here in WNY the season is changing (alarmingly) to the white stuff. It actually snowed for a few hours this afternoon, but with temps at 38 F, nothing settled. Hmmm. may have to clean and fire up the snowblower in the next week or so to ensure everything works like it should....

While working on my front bumper my wife tells me the table saw locked up and tripped the breaker. Found bad outboard motor bearing. I think the Mustang gods are demanding a sacrifice. I'm going to miss her.

Back