What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct rear spoiler installation, I may add! Looking good, Roy! You'll be hitting the highways before you know it!

Roy, did you do anything about those nasty shoes your car's been seen wearing yet? LOL!

Today, I started working on the Rustang's engine. I got it back from the machine shop awhile back and now have pretty much everything but the intake, carb, headers, and other peripherals to put it back together... except for the head bolts and fastener kit (which are on back order... figures).

Anyway, here we are today after a thorough cleaning, degreasing, wash and rinse, and a nice coat of Ford Blue.

319242_299678340043091_100000027814872_1198365_548008399_n.jpg

The machine shop bored, balanced, blueprinted, 3-angle valve job, installed cam bearings, and offered me a free run on their engine dyno when I get it together. I spent about an hour degreasing and rinsing the block (ran high-pressure water through the water passages) and got a sh!tload of rust and gunk out of the internals. Everything flows really well now.

Also got the cam stuffed in. Tomorrow I'll be installing the crank, pistons, lifters, timing gears & chain, windage tray, and whatever else I can to complete the 'short block' portion. Then wait for the fasteners to show up...

Today was my Birthday, So I decided to drive this thing tonight, I have to say it is fun to drive, Found out I needed a new headlight switch..the lights went out a few times, but overall it was a pretty fun experience. Nothing like a 4 speed to get your heart going. I caught myself looking for 5th gear a couple of times...it sure could use one. And it loves gas.

Roy, did you do anything about those nasty shoes your car's been seen wearing yet? LOL!

Today, I started working on the Rustang's engine. I got it back from the machine shop awhile back and now have pretty much everything but the intake, carb, headers, and other peripherals to put it back together... except for the head bolts and fastener kit (which are on back order... figures).

Anyway, here we are today after a thorough cleaning, degreasing, wash and rinse, and a nice coat of Ford Blue.

319242_299678340043091_100000027814872_1198365_548008399_n.jpg

The machine shop bored, balanced, blueprinted, 3-angle valve job, installed cam bearings, and offered me a free run on their engine dyno when I get it together. I spent about an hour degreasing and rinsing the block (ran high-pressure water through the water passages) and got a sh!tload of rust and gunk out of the internals. Everything flows really well now.

Also got the cam stuffed in. Tomorrow I'll be installing the crank, pistons, lifters, timing gears & chain, windage tray, and whatever else I can to complete the 'short block' portion. Then wait for the fasteners to show up...
Eric I don't know if it maters to you but 351cs were dark ford blue. Mike

Hi all

Today I pulled the seatbelts out

I have to replace them with 3 point retractables

front and back

I have to to get it passed by an engineer so I can register it

My vert has had a left to right hand drive conversion

so has to be passed before I can get it on the road

some of the things we have to do here in OZ to register an import

1 change the seat belts to 3 point retractables

2 change the headlights to OZ spec ones ours dip to the left

3 change the blinkers to orange

4 change the park lights to white

5 my Mach 1 parking lights are wired as blinkers

6 a child seat restraint has to be fitted in the rear

this is for LHD or RHD if it comes from overseas it has to comply here

just some of the crap we go through

Mines is harder because it has been changed to RHD

so all the welding and stuff has to be passed

anyway Ive started on the complying side with the belts

the rest later on

thanks John

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

front and back

the rest later on

thanks John
Wow all to register your mustang.

Hi all

front and back

the rest later on

thanks John
Hi John

Re the amber blinkers you may have already seen this thread on the Aussie forum: http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15018#pid151842

065.jpg

069.jpg

Or this thread where BLKPNY talks about putting amber LEDs behind the reversing light lens (not sure if this was developed any further though): http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13752#pid141176

IMG_1472.jpg

The white parking lights are easy too by swapping the sealed beam headlights over with H4's with integrated parking light and then disconnecting the amber parking light wire and connecting it to the headlight instead.

Nope - not really. It's gonna be a 'restomod/daily driver' when it's all said and done. Thanks for noticing and letting me know, though - I had actually thought they were even lighter for some reason.

Besides, O'Reilly Auto Parts didn't have the 'correct' Ford Blue, so I just grabbed some 'Old Ford Blue.' It'll make spotting leaks easier down the road anyway. I was actually thinking of painting it black... but thought better of it as I remembered the "find-the-leak" thing, and thought about all the ribbing I'd get for not using an approved Ford color. :D

Nope - not really. It's gonna be a 'restomod/daily driver' when it's all said and done. Thanks for noticing and letting me know, though - I had actually thought they were even lighter for some reason.

Besides, O'Reilly Auto Parts didn't have the 'correct' Ford Blue, so I just grabbed some 'Old Ford Blue.' It'll make spotting leaks easier down the road anyway. I was actually thinking of painting it black... but thought better of it as I remembered the "find-the-leak" thing, and thought about all the ribbing I'd get for not using an approved Ford color. :D
Like this

More wiring:mad: And the amp rack is now complete, also made the decision to cut my radio bezel for the new radio, but I have another if I want to go back. Also fired it up to check for oil pressure, water temp, and voltage gauges working properly and the tach. Really just to smell the race fuel and rattle the walls awhile;)

my mustang 135.jpg

amps4.jpg

amps3.jpg

amps2.jpg

Robert (thunderc64) & I helped Mason (my 17 year old) with the front brake problem on the 93. While Mason was wrenching Robert & I decided to play with one of 351c engine I have sitting on the ground. The engine hadn't been run since the mid-80s when another buddy of mine parked it. After freeing a stuck carb, finding a coil that worked & a charged battery it roared to life spitting out a bunch of carbon deposits then sounded really good. It's a lot of fun having a running engine with an open exhaust right there on the driveway in front of you. I hadn't done that since I was a teenager.

Much thanks Robert!

Hi Brett thanks for the info

I already have orange globes in the reversing light section of the tail lights

from a Hyundai fittings and globes the only prob now is I have orange reversing lights which take you back to the sixties

and H4 headlights with the parker insert

because I have a Mach1 grill with the orange running lights I have re wired them to run as blinkers if they are not happy having 4 orange blinkers on the front

I will disconect them or remove them altogether

the crap we have to go through to register our cars

maybe between us we could let our American cousins just what we have to do

just to drive a classic

thanks John

How about I start

first rule to register a Left Hand Drive car it has to be over 30 years old

over to someone else now

maybe we could start a thread here

Sandblasted for a few hours tonight and must say the King filter/seperator is working well. I've not seen any of the moisture issues I had before. I'll let you know how long long the cartridge holds up since I'm using the hell out of it.

Alright, I know it's fall and everyone is dreading winter. But you can't tell me nobody worked on their cars this month. SINCE 11/1. Lets kick this thread.

I cleaned my vinyl top with a special cleaner and soaked it with a "proofer". Both products come from "Renovo". The top does not look like new, but it´s pretty close.

Not only the stains are gone but the top is deep black again instead of the grayish color it got after the black faded in the sunlight.

Much better now.

Oh, I almost forgot: I installed the sockets for the sport lamps. Got some at last. I´ll open a new thread about them, as it seems like many people don´t know where to find them. It´s so easy, once you know where to look! :)

Sorted parts that will fit in the cabinet VS those I need to put in the booth I built. Taking a day off tomorrow after 13, 10-17 hour days strait. Really looking forward to 3 days of catching up on my media blasting and promotin Tnfastbacks aluminum/retirement plan.

Back