What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc,

If it was mine, I would replace them as a lot of times outer appearance is not indicative of what those hoses look like on the inside. But, that is just me - - I tend to change things if there is any doubt:).

BT

Doc,

If it was mine, I would replace them as a lot of times outer appearance is not indicative of what those hoses look like on the inside. But, that is just me - - I tend to change things if there is any doubt:).

BT
As always Cobra has good advice x2 on replace if theres any doubt. Its alota easier now than on the side of the road later.

Replaced both rear drum star adjusters, when I rebuilt my 3rd member I noticed something was not quite right with the original ones.

Turned out they were sticking and I had damaged the teeth trying to adjust them externally. one cable was also hung up on the spring. So my rear brakes were not self adjusting correctly.

They work right now.

Pulled instrument cluster to replace drivers side a/c vent with a new one.

Changed speedometer cable, and pulled out speedometer and oiled the cable input and small bearing for the gauge needle. I had a problem with the speedometer bouncing at low speed.

The cable was easy to turn but I replaced it anyway. I hope this will fix the problem.

Re-adjusted passenger side caster angle I was slightly out from the driver side by about 1/2 a degree. Both driver and passenger side are now set to +2 caster.

I can't add any more to the car.

I finally got a bunch of stuff removed from the engine bay - battery and tray, all hoses (had to split the ends with a knife and then pry off with a screwdriver), alternator and bracket, A/C and bracket, P/S pump and bracket, etc.

The distributor is now the next pain to remove. With the mounting bolt and bracket removed, it will twist with effort, but my attempts to pull it out have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

I also bought a new fuel pump, and next will remove the intake manifold and carburetor, then the rocker arm covers and exhaust manifolds. THEN, hopefully, the heads. More later.

Doc

I finally got a bunch of stuff removed from the engine bay - battery and tray, all hoses (had to split the ends with a knife and then pry off with a screwdriver), alternator and bracket, A/C and bracket, P/S pump and bracket, etc.

The distributor is now the next pain to remove. With the mounting bolt and bracket removed, it will twist with effort, but my attempts to pull it out have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

I also bought a new fuel pump, and next will remove the intake manifold and carburetor, then the rocker arm covers and exhaust manifolds. THEN, hopefully, the heads. More later.

Doc
:worthlesswithoutpics: just playin

Started to clean and paint the engine bay. What a mess. Have the drivers and passenger wheel well painted. Now to figure out what to do with that birds nest of wiring hanging from the fender.:p

more of engine bay

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got a bunch of stuff removed from the engine bay, etc., etc, More later...

Doc

Grrr.... You're right, ,Roy - I've got the pics, but rather than posting them (28) in a thread, I think I should remake my wiki and post them where they belong. Look for it soon, and thanks for keeping my feet to the fire (yes, I know you're just playin', but you're right, too!)

Doc

I finally got a bunch of stuff removed from the engine bay, etc., etc, More later...

Doc

Grrr.... You're right, ,Roy - I've got the pics, but rather than posting them (28) in a thread, I think I should remake my wiki and post them where they belong. Look for it soon, and thanks for keeping my feet to the fire (yes, I know you're just playin', but you're right, too!)

Doc

LOL

Just grab the square portion of the "stem" with channel lock pliers and pull up as you twist back and forth. There is an o-ring around it and sometimes needs persuasion.
Great advice, Jeff. Knowing that there was an o-ring in there helped. A couple of back and forth twists and a strong pull up with the channel, locks and it was out. Much appreciated!

Distributor Removal (Small).JPG

Doc

Started up my coupe and just sat in it for a good 20min thinking about how much I'm going to miss it while I'm in boot camp Haha

You're welcome Doc, I've been through that a few times.

I didn't work on mine but went over to a new friends place and helped him work on his (gasp) 69 Dart. Viper suspension, 5.7 Hemi and a 6 speed... way cool. We worked on setting engine placement and starting the frame rails.

Back