What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my dash painted and cleared. Only took 2 times to get it right on the clear.:mad: I bought matt clear for it as I did not want the high gloss, well it dried with the look of a chalk board. So got to buy more clear, satin this time, and reclear it. Was so excited the second time forgot to snap a completed pic. But will tomorrow.

dash.jpg

dash2.jpg

Picked my painted dash up. Started disassembling my heater box, cleaning, painting etc. Bought new fan motor old one worked but sounded like it was on its last leg.
Wow that is amazing, painting the dash took you long enough to grow a beard and age several years:D

Picked my painted dash up. Started disassembling my heater box, cleaning, painting etc. Bought new fan motor old one worked but sounded like it was on its last leg.
Wow that is amazing, painting the dash took you long enough to grow a beard and age several years:D
Paint fumes can do weird things according to the labels on the can.::blah::

Yesterday, my brake master cylinder sprung a leak and I got the mushy pedal. So I went to my favorite Napa store, where I go to get the good stuff. And picked up a shiny new Chinese master cylinder, I was not too thrilled since this weekend I actually needed my car since my son went out of town in my truck.

The good news is the "Napa Chinese stuff" comes with a 2 year roadside assistance coupon to reimburse me $80 should it fail and need a tow home. I feel safe now. ::goodjob::

Pulled the axels on my mach. pulled the third member out to drill and tap the rear end for a drain plug. pulled the rear brakes apart blasting and painting the backing plates. While I have it apart will rebuild the brake system.

Jim

More pics

third member

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't done a darn thing since Christmas. It hasn't gotten much above freezing this week, if at all, and no heat in the garage. I used to work in any temp when I was younger, but these old bones get creaky when it's fruitin' freezing! :D

Doc

OK jorgem2, Drug my old A$$ to the garage for the third day in a row. Mostly to make sure I had my mess cleaned up so my uncle can open tomorrow without having something to fuss at me about. So I took my carbon fiber parts down for a test fit. Pictures suck but you can kinda picture what it will look like with the dakota digital gauges, etc............

2011-01-02_14-22-30_260.jpg

2011-01-02_14-22-40_981.jpg

2011-01-02_14-22-49_911.jpg

Wow that looks slick.
Thanks just figured out why my pics did not show the true details.............DUH had it on Black and White

Wow that looks slick.
x2. That carbon fiber look is cool.

I spent a couple hours cleaning the rest of the firewall - steering column, pedals, etc. Getting closer to blasting.
Just went through the same thing, PITA, but has to be done. Looks like its coming along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back