What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK jorgem2, Drug my old A$$ to the garage for the third day in a row. Mostly to make sure I had my mess cleaned up so my uncle can open tomorrow without having something to fuss at me about. So I took my carbon fiber parts down for a test fit. Pictures suck but you can kinda picture what it will look like with the dakota digital gauges, etc............
Tn..If you don't mind me asking did you buy that cf dash ready made ? Or did you do it by overlaying c/f cloth on the panels & vacum bagging ? I'm going with the dakota guages on mine & would love to do the c/f thing although I would do a silver c/f cloth..I could do it myself since I have done many c/f layups but the time is an issue...So would love to know where to get a set or who made it for you..Looks really awsome btw !!!

Scott

OK jorgem2, Drug my old A$$ to the garage for the third day in a row. Mostly to make sure I had my mess cleaned up so my uncle can open tomorrow without having something to fuss at me about. So I took my carbon fiber parts down for a test fit. Pictures suck but you can kinda picture what it will look like with the dakota digital gauges, etc............
Tn..If you don't mind me asking did you buy that cf dash ready made ? Or did you do it by overlaying c/f cloth on the panels & vacum bagging ? I'm going with the dakota guages on mine & would love to do the c/f thing although I would do a silver c/f cloth..I could do it myself since I have done many c/f layups but the time is an issue...So would love to know where to get a set or who made it for you..Looks really awsome btw !!!

Scott
Scott I have attached a link of who done mine its actually a dipping process then cleared. I really like the way it turned out and the can as you were saying use whatever base color you want. I also had them build my gauge pod up smooth.

http://www.atlantahydroimaging.com/

Scott I have attached a link of who done mine its actually a dipping process then cleared. I really like the way it turned out and the can as you were saying use whatever base color you want. I also had them build my gauge pod up smooth.

Thanks a bunch Tn for sharing that !!! Gonna save me a bunch of time & work ! That process is just off the hook ..amazing !!!!

Thanks a bunch Tn for sharing that !!! Gonna save me a bunch of time & work ! That process is just off the hook ..amazing !!!!
Actually if you are thinking about having something done pm me when you get ready and I will give you a contact there that may save you some money.

Got the axel housing all cleaned up, and the drain hole drilled and taped.

Everything is all cleaned up, ready to prime tomorrow. Time to call it a day. Sucked enough brake cleaner fumes today.

Jim

another pic of the axel housing. Have to figure out how to post more than one pic.

Jim

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, I had to work today but did recieve this cool item I won on ebay. One of my taillights was damaged by a previous owner creasing the chrome on passenger side. Given that a new set (kit) from CJ's cost $289, I thought I got a pretty good deal. New seals will be here tomorrow. All I have to do is clean and paint these and be good to go:

Mustang Tail lights

Got the axel housing all cleaned up, and the drain hole drilled and taped.

Everything is all cleaned up, ready to prime tomorrow. Time to call it a day. Sucked enough brake cleaner fumes today.

Jim

another pic of the axel housing. Have to figure out how to post more than one pic.

Jim
Did you just brake clean the axle housing or what did you do to get it so clean before paint?

Lots of welding today..got the drivers side cowl patch done..man alot of work into that..Tomorrow apron extension & rear apron...Then onto the pass side..New shock tower & aprons there too. Yipee :-/ at least i don't have to change out an entire frame rail :)

100_1747.JPG100_1751.JPG100_1754.JPG

Barry, I used an air sander to get most of the crud off. After that it was a lot of elbow grease and sand paper and wire wheel. After that I used brake clean to clean everything off and then used a paint prep. Nearest place around here to get any blasting done is 50 miles away. Will have pics tonight of the painted axel housing.

Jim

Latest posts

Back